Howie Epstein's Hollow Body "Ricken*aker"???

Vintage, Modern, V & C series, Fretless, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

basse

Post by basse »

Hey Dane & Todd... I understand completely, but from my perspective, I'd want the hollow body, 3 toaster pickup version just like Howie's!

I think that if Ric isn't going to retool the 4005 this would make a nice substitution.

As previously suggested... 4006?
teb
Advanced Member

Post by teb »

I seriously considered putting toasters on mine because they would look great, but the quality and versatility of available tones that I get from the stock 2030 pickups is awesome. I'd be an idiot to mess with it. Unfortunately, you can't just pop a toaster cover on these old ones. A hollow body would be cool as long as it didn't screw-up the balance and make it neck heavy. I considered it, but since this was only the second body I've built (the first was similar, but not bound) I decided to keep it fairly simple. I have a superb hunk of figured maple that's been sitting here for a year or so. If I ever find a 3000 when I happen to have money to blow, it might become an 8-string bass that looks like a Ric 12.
LenMinNJ
Intermediate Member

Re: Howie Epstein's Hollow Body "Ricken*aker"???

Post by LenMinNJ »

Can someone please post a link to a photo of Howie's bass? The one in this thread has gone "404".

Update: I found a few here:
https://www.rickresource.com/forum/view ... ss#p510572

Return to “Rickenbacker Basses: by Joey Vasco & Tony Cabibe”