Being For The Benefit Of Thankfulness

Putting music theory into practice
admin
Site Admin

Being For The Benefit Of Thankfulness

Post by admin »

I have really enjoyed reading the comments with regard to music theory and much more in this topic. What I enjoy so much is that difficult subjects, to the extent possible, are explained in rudimentary ways that I can understand.

My thanks goes out to Jason Mendelson and John Biscuti for all their efforts here. As in all of the topics, the strength is in the dialog and sharing among all posters that makes this work. I don't mean to leave out any of the contributors, clearly there is a long list.

Sometimes we perform at levels of complexity that we don't understand. I now know of scales that I play routinely, that I never realized. While I don't sound any better at least I understand what I am playing in more depth.

I am reminded of the great B.B. King answer to the question, what chords are you playing B.B., to which he replied "I don't know, I don't know no chords."

Keep up the fantastic work everyone, I'll be reading.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
charlyg

Post by charlyg »

This stuff has been a Godsend, literally!
sloop_john_b
Rick-a-holic

Post by sloop_john_b »

Thank you Peter, i'm glad to do it, as I know Jason is as well. It's nice to put good use to all this "useless" knowledge!
melibreits

Post by melibreits »

"Useless" knowledge? Far from it.... One of my biggest regrets in life is that I did not major in music-- I know I would be a much better musician today if I had learned all of that theory stuff!

Of course there is still the challenge of making my fingers actually do the work, LOL! Image
"Once I've held and played the best, baby, I won't settle for less!"
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

I actually wish I had majored in something besides math and music. I would have a lot more money today to buy Ricks with!

Thanks for the kind words, Peter.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

My pleasure Jason. It was long overdue.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

Even though I don't understand a word of it I certainly appreciate the effort you guys are putting into it.

Can you write a 'Music Theory For Dummies' book next? ImageImage
"Never eat more than you can lift." - Mr. Moon
charlyg

Post by charlyg »

You want to hear the REAL SAD part of all this theory. This is just one tiny little piece they call Tin Pan Alley, or folk composition.

Other forms have..............other rules,not to mention notes (22 in one form)!!!

Return to “Being For The Benefit Of Musicianship”