Message from Chris Squire to the Forum members

The genius of Chris Squire
johnhall
RIC

Post by johnhall »

I hope Chris didn't develop carpal tunnel syndrome while perfoming all those futile cut & paste operations to satisfy you, Elys!
elysrand
Advanced Member

Post by elysrand »

Robert, I am hoping that Chris will join and at least post every so often. Now THAT will be cool! Image
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you, and sit in with the band whenever you can, to keep your chops up!
elysrand
Advanced Member

Post by elysrand »

Is THIS the same guy who was telling all how to hack Chris' PAL DVD and convert it to NTSC, in the same breath as critiquing my small innocent little script? I know, a week of vacation from the daily grind can make anyone feisty Image

Heh, it would be logical and easy for him to add just a different word or two to 86 of those email replies, to cause the script to count 87 different and unique responses. It only takes one character changed in the parsed strings to count up one...

With the magnificent chops he's got in those super-sized hands of his, CTS would be the least of my worries Image
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you, and sit in with the band whenever you can, to keep your chops up!
lyle_from_minneapolis
Advanced Member

Post by lyle_from_minneapolis »

Heart of the Sunrise = Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Here is where I hide my music:
http://www.soundclick.com/MarkKaufman
elysrand
Advanced Member

Post by elysrand »

Oof, yes, that IS a tough one...
lucky

Post by lucky »

Elys,i to was amazed when i got a reply from Chris,i thought that it was an automated answer.Then when i replied to his email and got an answer i was pleased.
gray

Post by gray »

Elys, that would be awesome.
johnhall
RIC

Post by johnhall »

Converting something you own is certainly not a "hack"; PAL to NTSC conversion is the same as converting pounds to dollars in order to be useful in a given part of the world. My concern was making someone go to much extra and unnecessary effort.
elysrand
Advanced Member

Post by elysrand »

I totally agree with you! I just offered in lighthearted humor *****-for-tat for your "spamming" post which I know was also offered in light-hearted humor, John Image

I can't wait to see photos of your new Rickenbacker hot tub with the checkerboard purfling that Kenny said wasn't included on his!
alan

Post by alan »

I don't drop in here that often, so I think I may have missed something. But, it was CS who first peeked my interest in Ric basses, I thought at age 16, that if I had a Ric bass, I could be as accomplished a player as he. Well, of course not, but I do love my Rics at any rate. What a cool guy.
johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Post by johnallg »

"I hope Chris didn't develop carpal tunnel syndrome while performing all those futile cut & paste operations to satisfy you, Elys!"

I didn't think CTS, but I did picture the poor guy sitting there doing all those 1000 cuts and pastings, making 87 different variations, and how unnecessary that was.
ben_brown
Advanced Member

Post by ben_brown »

Mr. Hall. Please elaborate on how to convert a PAL dvd to a NTSC dvd using ifoedit like you mentioned. I have several PAL dvds and would like to watch them on my dvd player rather than my PC...Thanks

...Now back to your regularly scheduled thread...
'73 4001 MG '88 4003S JG '89 4003S FG '91 4003S MG
rikk
Intermediate Member

Post by rikk »

Ben, Forget about ifoedit. Just get an all region PAL/NTSC converted output DVD player. I have the Pioneer DV-393 that will play ANY DVD in the world right on my NTSC TV. The conversion is pretty good too. You can get these on the 'bay. This way you don't have to spend the time converting it. You just watch it.
ben_brown
Advanced Member

Post by ben_brown »

Thanks
'73 4001 MG '88 4003S JG '89 4003S FG '91 4003S MG
johnhall
RIC

Post by johnhall »

For under $100, Rikk's suggestion is good and most convenient. However, you can also copy the DVD file structure to your hard drive, open each of the VOB files with IFOEdit, change each reference of PAL to NTSC in the check boxes, then save each VOB. There's also a region-free button to take care of that little problem. Finally reburn it back to a DVDR and you're good to go.

Return to “Chris Squire and Yes Forum”