Victoria Amps

Let's talk guitar amplfiers

Moderator: jingle_jangle

scott_s
Veteran RRF member

Re: Victoria Amps

Post by scott_s »

kenposurf wrote:
sharkboy wrote:I've tried a few Victoria amps and they haven't bowled me over. They are made the way Fenders wish they were but they always seem a bit colder and don't seem to have the same reverb sound.

I have an acquaintance who felt the same way as me and I think even owned a couple of Victoria amps, but flipped when he heard one of the newer ones. He bought it and played through it for a while and loved it, but he's back to his THD Flexi and various Dr. Z amps now.
Good points Mark..I also owned one of their deluxes, bassmans and a 3x10 bandmaster..also a reverberato. All very well made but stiff...maybe it takes time for the cab's and speakers to break in. I need something smaller than a showman for smaller gigs...I punched the button so a review will be forthcoming ...
I wonder if that "stiffness" is from the Italian reissue Jensens. From my reading, the Italian reissues are stiffer and brighter than the original Jensens.

- Scott
kenposurf
RRF Consultant

Post by kenposurf »

scott_s wrote:
kenposurf wrote:
sharkboy wrote:I've tried a few Victoria amps and they haven't bowled me over. They are made the way Fenders wish they were but they always seem a bit colder and don't seem to have the same reverb sound.

I have an acquaintance who felt the same way as me and I think even owned a couple of Victoria amps, but flipped when he heard one of the newer ones. He bought it and played through it for a while and loved it, but he's back to his THD Flexi and various Dr. Z amps now.
Good points Mark..I also owned one of their deluxes, bassmans and a 3x10 bandmaster..also a reverberato. All very well made but stiff...maybe it takes time for the cab's and speakers to break in. I need something smaller than a showman for smaller gigs...I punched the button so a review will be forthcoming ...
I wonder if that "stiffness" is from the Italian reissue Jensens. From my reading, the Italian reissues are stiffer and brighter than the original Jensens.

- Scott
Mine arrived with Eminence Legends...
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

scott_s wrote:I wonder if that "stiffness" is from the Italian reissue Jensens. From my reading, the Italian reissues are stiffer and brighter than the original Jensens.

- Scott
This will cure that problem, pronto! :lol:
scott_s
Veteran RRF member

Post by scott_s »

jps wrote:
scott_s wrote:I wonder if that "stiffness" is from the Italian reissue Jensens. From my reading, the Italian reissues are stiffer and brighter than the original Jensens.

- Scott
This will cure that problem, pronto! :lol:
Just when I thought I'd seen everything! :lol:

- Scott

Return to “Greg's Amplifier and Tube Tech Forum: by Greg Simon”