Welcome Elys Rand and Chris Squire

The genius of Chris Squire
admin
Site Admin

Welcome Elys Rand and Chris Squire

Post by admin »

Elys Rand has been instrumental in setting up this Forum and the RickResource Forum is pleased to welcome Elys and Chris Squire to this new music Forum.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
relayer4u
Intermediate Member

Post by relayer4u »

Thank you Peter and Elys!

Chris and Rick basses are forever connected, so we should talk about them together!

YeHaw!
elysrand
Advanced Member

Post by elysrand »

Congratulations go to Peter, folks, for running a Forum that is of such high quality that Christopher Russell Edward "Chris" Squire, Himself of "Yes" fame and beyond, actually joined and posted his first Forum message this evening Image

A number of folks earlier this week commented, in another thread on this Forum, why in the world we have other bands and their key performer(s) as separate Forum areas of interest, but not a Forum for one who is without a doubt the finest bass player in the world today, founder and longest continuous member of Yes, Chris Squire.

So now we do, thanks to Peter, and I am humbled at the opportunity to moderate it and work hard for everyone to foster discussion of Chris, his music and his talent, his famous signature Rickenbacker RM1999 that we all know of and love (from a suitable distance of course), and his magnificent body of work with Yes and his other groups along his stellar journey through life.

We are all truly thrilled to have Chris as a member now of this Forum, and his first post made this evening is a sensational thing indeed for all of us here. No matter how frequently or infrequently he posts from this day forward, we will do our best to talk about him here on the new "Chris Squire and Yes" Forum until his ears turn blue!! Image

So, welcome to you all, and especially WELCOME CHRIS SQUIRE! Image
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you, and sit in with the band whenever you can, to keep your chops up!
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

Yes, welcome, Chris Squire!
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
ram

Post by ram »

A big welcome to to Chris Squire...
The only thing we can perceive are our perceptions - George Berkeley
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Once again, welcome, Chris! Image
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

Welcome Chris and thank you Elys and Peter. This is truly an incredible idea. The very first time I heard the song Roundabout I knew that a new era had begun in bass as a musical instrument. The stellar playing of Chris and that signature sound that we all love. I could go on and on for days....
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Post by johnallg »

Well, about time! Image Image

Thanks Peter and Elys, and again welcome Chris!
cheyenne
Veteran RRF member

Post by cheyenne »

Thanks Elys and Peter, and welcome to the forum Chris!
"Knowledge is Power"
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Please note that I will be rounding up the Chris Squire posts elsewhere under other headings and moving them to this forum in the near future.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
kbhag

Post by kbhag »

Hi Chris! You and your band YES are the reason that I developed a love for music. YES was my favorite band in my youth and still is. You inspired me to learn to play the Guitar and Bass Guitar.

Welcome and Thank you.

Kenny Hagenow, CT
woodyng

Post by woodyng »

thanks elys! this forum category is overdue and much appreciated! chris' unique approach and sound with the rickenbacker is the reason at least half of us are here(on the bass side of things) this is really fantastic!
'74 4000 White
'98 4004Ci
'04 4004Cii MG Fretless conversion
'04 4004 Laredo FG 4002v57 Custom
squirefan01
Intermediate Member

Post by squirefan01 »

Welcome Chris Squire!! You should feel pretty warm vibes whenever you visit here. For us Rickenbacker bass players (from amateurs like me to the pros), you are a HUGE influence!

Can't wait to hear your new solo project, and the re-issued FOOW CD/DVD!

Thanks for stopping by!
shamustwin

Post by shamustwin »

Hiya Chris!

You are the reason I bought a Rick bass in the first place.

Had the pleasure of meeting you at the Rick 75th. Thanks for all the great music and inspiration.
lowendbob
Advanced Member

Post by lowendbob »

Wow, unbelievable. Image
Thanks Elys, and Peter.

Welcome Chris, and thanks for taking the time to join the forum and post.

Hmmm, maybe we can get Macca to join too. Image
Buy it before someone else does.

Return to “Chris Squire and Yes Forum”