Anyone here own an m-16?

Tube and solidstate amplifiers made by Rickenbacker

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

redtoploader

Anyone here own an m-16?

Post by redtoploader »

Hello-

I'm looking for any info on the late 50s- early 60s m16 supersonic. Anyone have one? I'm close to acquiring one that will be a resto project.

The amp will need a power transformer. The only schemo I can find is the b16 but I heard they have higher voltages...anyone know what rectifier tube the m16 took stock? Anyone know the circuit differences from the b16? Better yet, is there an m16 schematic out there?
redtoploader

Re: Anyone here own an m-16?

Post by redtoploader »

Just bumping this to see if any other members have one of these amps? It's the M series supersonic, Just one chassis, unlike the B series.

I have a hammond power transformer in there now, Thankfully I didnt have to drill anything...

The amp sounds really great...still would like to find what triad model power transformer went in these. If anyone has one of these or another of the larger amps like the M22, M23, M15, please let me know.

The production numbers had to be low on these, you almost never see them for sale...heck i never see them anywhere!
jas_dye

Post by jas_dye »

I have an M-16. It was given to me when I was in a band in '79. Although the original owner used it as a speaker set for their stereo the amp can kick.
Attachments
DSCF9652.jpg
DSCF9649.jpg
redtoploader

Post by redtoploader »

Too cool, thanks for posting that. Mine has the larger logo and a larger 'slot' in the back panel.

Does the power transformer have any marking on it? is it grey?
jas_dye

Post by jas_dye »

Sorry for the delay.

I took a look at my transformer and it has a 101 stamped on it. Maybe the below schem will identify it for you.. I'm about to re-tolex and grill my M-16 with a Fender yellow tweed with brown stripes and a brown oxford grill and brown handle. So I need to get some tubes for the guy below.

Here is the link for the Schem of the M-16
http://www.blueguitar.org/new/schem/misc_amp/

This is a link for a guy who is selling the tube set for the M-16
http://cgi.ebay.com/Rickenbacker-M16-Su ... 7C294%3A30

Good Luck,

James

Return to “Rickenbacker Amplifiers”