Chris Squire Christmas Album Coming!

The genius of Chris Squire
fran4001
Intermediate Member

Chris Squire Christmas Album Coming!

Post by fran4001 »

I found this at Yesworld, and really does sound cool. Scored for bass, guitar, drums, keys and choir. Right up Chris' alley eh?!!!!!
www.yesworld.com
Apr. '73 4001JG, Jun. '73 4001MG, Feb. '75 4001 WBT, Feb. '00 4001CS
ram

Post by ram »

May have to check that one out. Thanks Fran!
The only thing we can perceive are our perceptions - George Berkeley
phlemmy

Post by phlemmy »

How about my Chris Squire FOOW album arriving before Christmas! *snicker*
elysrand
Advanced Member

Re: Chris Squire Christmas Album Coming!

Post by elysrand »

Scotty said yesterday that they continue to fill FOOW orders and ship. Lots of Forum members already have theirs. The only limit is how often she can get Chris to sit down and sign a batch of them. He has been in the recording studio for the past three to four weeks, 14 hours each day. Chris told me the rough mixes are done on all the songs now, and within the next two weeks they will polish them up into final mixes. Scotty sent me some, I have heard them, and they are really good! You can hear his church chorister background in these songs, and he directs the choir in an expert fashion to get the sound he wants from them. Truly an uplifting album so far! There is a surprise musician or two in these recordings as well....
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you, and sit in with the band whenever you can, to keep your chops up!
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

How much is Chris paying you to be his salesman? :mrgreen:
elysrand
Advanced Member

Post by elysrand »

Nothing but his and Scotland's friendship :D They have a great family and our family gets along well with theirs.
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you, and sit in with the band whenever you can, to keep your chops up!
woodyng

Post by woodyng »

and featuring......STEVE HACKETT!!!! (as my cranium explodes).....can't wait-this is the sort of combination of talent you always wondered about in the old days....2 of my favorite musicians definitely.
'74 4000 White
'98 4004Ci
'04 4004Cii MG Fretless conversion
'04 4004 Laredo FG 4002v57 Custom
elysrand
Advanced Member

Post by elysrand »

woodyng wrote:and featuring......STEVE HACKETT!!!! (as my cranium explodes).....can't wait-this is the sort of combination of talent you always wondered about in the old days....2 of my favorite musicians definitely.
And it wasn't me that told you that :D
ajish4
RRF Moderator

Post by ajish4 »

Oooh,

This will go nicely with my Jon Anderson 3 Ships CD...

Now, if only the Moody Blues would do something like this.......... :mrgreen:
just_bassics
Intermediate Member

Post by just_bassics »

Hey Tony... I've wanted a Chris Squire / Justin Hayward project for years - Imagine Squire, Hackett and Hayward... That would be too much!
ajish4
RRF Moderator

Post by ajish4 »

just_bassics wrote:Hey Tony... I've wanted a Chris Squire / Justin Hayward project for years - Imagine Squire, Hackett and Hayward... That would be too much!
Oooh, the THOUGHT of that gives me goosebumps! :D

I actually have ONE Moody Blues Christmas song. It came on a cassette tape from Toys-R-Us of all places. We were Christmas shopping for the kids, and I see this box of tapes for like, $3.00 each. The FIRST ONE I pick up is this compilation charity tape with the Moodies doing "What Child is This" on it. I don't even have a cassette deck anymore, but WHAT a song! It SOUNDS like ALL the Moodies were on it. I REALLY like Ray Thomas, and this sounds like VINTAGE MOODIES!

The thought of Chris & Justin doing something together...............Wow................ :mrgreen:
elysrand
Advanced Member

Post by elysrand »

I think it would be wonderful if YES could tour with another prog rock band of the same era, or even some members of one. I think if I had to choose, it would be Emerson Lake and Palmer that I would like to see warming up the YES 40th tour. And if not all of the ELP members, then at least someone like Keith Emerson, who is still doing a good solo act these days himself. He still tours with that special one-off Moog synthesizer that Bob Moog built him as a custom job in the earliest Seventies. I saw ELP touring in the Nineties, maybe 1991 or 1992 or so, here in the DC area at Meriwether Post Pavilion, and our seats were in the second row back on the stage-right side - right in front of Keith Emerson and his setup with the Moog. It still had the phony-decorative sinewave display of LEDs in the top right corner of the wooden case, just for decoration (kinda like the old Holiday Inn motel sign). Up close, you could see the walnut case had been banged around a lot and the edges were breaking off.

Second choice, if no ELP, would maybe be King Crimson, with Bobby Fripp doing that wild guitar stuff... we would see Bill Bruford then too :D
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

just_bassics wrote:Hey Tony... I've wanted a Chris Squire / Justin Hayward project for years - Imagine Squire, Hackett and Hayward... That would be too much!

Would the band be called Shh?
elysrand
Advanced Member

Post by elysrand »

Shh? ...oh hush, Jeffrey! :shock: :lol:
ajish4
RRF Moderator

Post by ajish4 »

Hey Everyone,

Just a quick note. I heard from Scotty today via Email.

Apparently, there is a glitch in the invoice process. They seem to be getting the orders, but SOME of the invoices don't seem to be getting out.

Just drop the Squires a quick Email if you are still be awaiting the invoice for the CHRISTMAS CD.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate!

Return to “Chris Squire and Yes Forum”