Excellent CHRIS SQUIRE VIDEO!

The genius of Chris Squire
ajish4
RRF Moderator

Excellent CHRIS SQUIRE VIDEO!

Post by ajish4 »

It's about time, a camera man who can find the bass player!

THIS is the way I wish ALL CS videos were filmed.....

Wow.
ram

Re: Excellent CHRIS SQUIRE VIDEO!

Post by ram »

Tony, one of my faves... Thanks for posting, been a while since I have reviewed any of the Live at Montreux stuff.

I had a little problem with the live feed here so here is the URL in case anyone else does:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DV4wQo496zM
just_bassics
Intermediate Member

Post by just_bassics »

Tony, I've been telling you about this DVD for three months! Heart of the Sunrise is on this DVD, Finally! :D
johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Post by johnallg »

Okay, so I went and bought this at dinner tonight, and am watching it on my notebook (I'm not home) and the audio is pumping like crazy. Is that the way it is or is it because of the notebook not knowing what to do with surround?

Quite the performance though!
ajish4
RRF Moderator

Post by ajish4 »

just_bassics wrote:Tony, I've been telling you about this DVD for three months! Heart of the Sunrise is on this DVD, Finally! :D
I know, I know...but when you actually SEE IT.....lol.......

You're a good man Jim, a good man!

I should know better than to question your taste! :mrgreen:
just_bassics
Intermediate Member

Post by just_bassics »

Tony, my main point was that "Heart of the sunrise", while possibly the best song written by Yes (at least it is the most requested song, according to Jon) has never appeared on a live concert video until "Montreux". There was a video of the "Union" tour that had it, but I'm not sure that was an official release. It was performed on ABWH Live from San Jose in 1989, but, (and no offense to Jeff Berlin) without Chris Squire, it just doesn't count.

So along comes "Montreux" and if you are a FRAGILE fan, you get Roundabout, We have heaven, South side of the sky (my personal favorite), Long Distance Runaround, The Fish and HOTS... So that one is my favorite live DVD so far... but let's wait and see what 2008 holds :!:

Return to “Chris Squire and Yes Forum”