my band split up...

Putting music theory into practice
bob_atherton
Intermediate Member

my band split up...

Post by bob_atherton »

After nearly 7 years my band split up today. The keys and sax player have really fallen out big time. Drinking wine and feeling ****. Bob :(
phlemmy

Re: my band split up...

Post by phlemmy »

It's tough losing a band after so long. I feel for you. The bandmates become family, even when you don't like some of them, you sort of miss them when they aren't around.
cheyenne
Veteran RRF member

Post by cheyenne »

Perhaps something new will spring out of the remains. Or maybe a completely new project will present itself.

Sometimes change is a good thing...be optimistic. :wink:
"Knowledge is Power"
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

Sorry to hear that, Bob....... 7 years is a big investment. Let's hope there's an exciting new venture just around the corner.
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

Sorry to hear about tyour band woes, Bob. I know how you feel. My band has FINALLY given our singer the boot, just yesterday. One problem after another with that guy, mostly due to his drug use. We tried be be his friend, tried to help him, bent over backwards for the guy. Finally, after almost 5 years of having him n the band, enough was enough.
I agree with Scott, be optimistic. Something good or much better may come out of this. I'm looking to auditioning singers for my band. Hoping to find someone with considerably less ridiculous problems and drama in their life.
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
bitzerguy
RRF Consultant

Post by bitzerguy »

That's a drag, Bob. 7 years is a lot of time investment.
Reflect on the good times, great gigs and cool jams.
Something new can be fun too, and will most certainly turn up when you are ready to look.

Oh and some wine can't hurt, that's for sure. :)
...Dean
Never, ever drool on your surf shirt. It wrecks the solo.

660/12FG, 350V63/6FG, 620/6JG, 360WB/6DBG, Dingwall C1 #001, Prestige Heritage Elite FM
teeder

Post by teeder »

Bummer, Bob!
Our lead guitarist split last Spring, but we kept it together and out of the blue this really great guy called us to join. Tonight is the first practice with him and I can't wait! It's really going to be a shot in the arm for us and I'm looking forward to going off into new directions with him.
Keep your chin up! Something better may become of it!

Good Luck!
8mileshigh

Post by 8mileshigh »

Open another bottle Bob.............I'll be round in 10 minutes :shock:
johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Post by johnallg »

Tough one, Bob. But like the others said, good will come out of this. I am a firm believer.

Oh, and wine may be fine, but liquor is quicker! :lol:
rickfan63
Veteran RRF member

Post by rickfan63 »

That's why I've been without a band since I left the road. There is always one flake in a band, who is only in it for the women, the booze and or drugs. It winds up bringing everyone else down. Now don't get me wrong, I love women as much as the next guy. But when getting laid, drunk, or stoned is all someone cares about in a band. They need to be in the audience, not on stage. The horror stories I could tell!
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Sorry to hear that, Bob. :( I guess it's time to pull out the view camera and do something else creative! :)
VRICKY63
Intermediate Member

Post by VRICKY63 »

Yumm !! Woman , booze , and dru........Yummm!! Woman , booze an....... Yummmm!!!!! Woman . Why I learned to play Bass guitar :wink:
It's too early in the morning to talk about our relationship !
bob_atherton
Intermediate Member

Post by bob_atherton »

Thanks Guys. It's one of those things that only a band member knows where I'm coming from. The band is dead, long live the band..!
ajish4
RRF Moderator

Post by ajish4 »

rickfan63 wrote:....... getting laid, drunk, or stoned ..........!
Hey Bob,

Sounds like you were just written a prescription!

Hang in there, this too shall pass.
edski
Advanced Member

Post by edski »

With all the issues my band was having, finally the singer fell on the sword, and things are much better with a new singer. Still some issues, but we seem to be moving in a very new direction and making progress, and ironing things out. We were together for about 4 years (about 2 with the 2nd guitarist)...

But it's my feeling that any band, after about a year and a half, is living on borrowed time. It's pretty rare to stay together much past that IMHO.

I feel for you Bob, like others have said 7 years is a long run. I'm sure there are losts of ups and downs in that path. But as also has been said, you just have to look ahead, maybe try to ressurect some new form from the wreckage, or just move on down the road.

As the Who said in 5:15 - uppers, downers, either way blood flows.

Return to “Being For The Benefit Of Musicianship”