Brian Medway's "It's Only Rock 'n Roll

Rock, Blues, R&B, Jazz, Country, Progressive and Metal music from 70’s on.
winston
Membership Admin

Re: Brian Medway's "It's Only Rock 'n Roll

Post by winston »

charlyg wrote:What WE called metal in the day, was Black Sabbath, Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Grand Funk, all the power chord guys. All these bands also fit the broad category of "It's only rock n roll.
I agree Charly.

I also agree with your comment about Motley Crue, Motorhead, Judas Priest et al. Personally I have been in close quarters to a number of metal artists over the years. Bands like Nazareth, Kiss, Twisted Sister, etc. I may not know all there is to know, but I have a deep appreciation for this music form. I certainly know the business model well.
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
sowhat
RRF Consultant

Post by sowhat »

winston wrote:We can discuss metal if you wish. I am very familiar with metal arists and the business concepts that apply in that area. I suspect that Sheena is also comfortable with your preferred genre, if you would prefer to discuss metal aritists there.
As long as it's wild and rebellous, i wouldn't really mind. :D But i still think the genre (hard&heavy) deserves a section of its own, run by somebody who's into that kind of music... (yes, i know i already said it a few times...)
And, from what i remember, the idea of Brian's section was discussed somewhere more than a year ago... it took quite a while for it to appear!
Nothing will get you dead quicker than being deadly serious about yourself.
charlyg

Post by charlyg »

I say alright to a metal forum, cuz one of the things that I enjoy, is when we "crossover" a bit. It will only help us to forge new "combos" of sound. Is there any metal reggae? We have alternative country, which was not something I expected! Metal country?
octagon

Post by octagon »

If you like Heavy Metal with the emphasis on HEAVY check out Doom Metal Legends Electric Wizard

winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

jocal62 wrote:Congratulations Brian. Our meeting date never got off the ground. You'll probably be even more busy now. :( :)

Thanks David,

PM me your number again. Perhaps we can arrange to meet up, as I still fly to Vancouver a fair bit.
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein

Return to “Groove Yard: by Admin”