BH / BT

Register, Price List, Gallery, RIC Outlet One Offs

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

berth
RRF Consultant

BH / BT

Post by berth »

I was looking in the gallery and noticed there is BH, BH/BT and BT. Is this the same? And shouldn't it be called just BT ?
paologregorio

Re: BH / BT

Post by paologregorio »

I could be mistaken, but I don't think BH was necessarily combined with BT. For example, I think there are some white guitars with black TRC and PG that still have chrome hardware.
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

It could be a way to distinguish between instruments that either have black binding but chrome/white hardware, and those with black binding but all black hardware (the usual BT). I have seen some 4003 WHTs that have chrome/white hardware but black binding. My 4003 WHT should probably be called WHT WT/WH because it has white binding and chrome/white hardware:
4003 WHT WT and 4001S WHT WT
4003 WHT WT and 4001S WHT WT
It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca
berth
RRF Consultant

Post by berth »

So T is for Trim is for the plastics, and H is for hardware is for the metal parts? If so then it leaves me with the question where the binding belongs. Or is there another BB category for black binding? ;-) Maybe I should have posted this in General.
paologregorio

Post by paologregorio »

berth wrote:So T is for Trim is for the plastics, and H is for hardware is for the metal parts? If so then it leaves me with the question where the binding belongs. Or is there another BB category for black binding? ;-) Maybe I should have posted this in General.
I think Black binding usually goes with the Black trim; I don't think I've ever seen a Ric with BT and white binding.
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

paologregorio wrote:... I don't think I've ever seen a Ric with BT and white binding.
At least not factory original - I think I've seen an oddball 4001/4003 JG with white binding that had its chrome/white pieces parts replaced with all black ones.
It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca
hieronymous
Intermediate Member

Post by hieronymous »

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I've been wondering about this too. I have an Autumnglo 4001 with chrome hardware, cream binding, and black pickguard + trussrod cover. I don't think that this combination is unusual - maybe only on Autumnglos? Anyway, how would it be listed - ATG BT? The problem seems to be that "black trim" usually refers to hardware - just look at the comments in this thread. But it doesn't work in the case of my 4001...

(A pic just in case)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The separate listing options have been made available as some instruments defied the convention. While BT is typically sufficient to describe these instruments, there are exceptions whether after market or perhaps custom ordered. Harry's instrument is a case in point and an example why these options are available in the Register.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
phlemmy

Post by phlemmy »

hieronymous wrote:Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I've been wondering about this too. I have an Autumnglo 4001 with chrome hardware, cream binding, and black pickguard + trussrod cover. I don't think that this combination is unusual - maybe only on Autumnglos? Anyway, how would it be listed - ATG BT? The problem seems to be that "black trim" usually refers to hardware - just look at the comments in this thread. But it doesn't work in the case of my 4001...

(A pic just in case)

What a piece of junk! Send it to me and I'll dispose of it properly.

Return to “Rickenbacker Register”