Welcome Ilan Lukatch

Reports from Israel
admin
Site Admin

Welcome Ilan Lukatch

Post by admin »

Please welcome Ilan Lukatch who will report for the Israeli Chapter of the Rickenbacker Worldwide Chapter Forums.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Re: Welcome Ilan Lukatch

Post by rickenbrother »

Congrats, Ilan! :D
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

Congrats Ilan.
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
whojamfan
RRF Consultant

Post by whojamfan »

Nice to see you giving us the heads up in Israel. I've enjoyed your posts, congratulations.
doctorno
RRF Consultant

Post by doctorno »

Welcome and congratulations!
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

Congrats, Ilan!
It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Next thing you know, Ilan will be in charge of the Knesset! Congrats, Ilan! :D
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Post by kiramdear »

Welcome, Ilan. Hands across the ocean, and all that.

I've found your postings very helpful and look forward to dropping in and seeing how the other half lives :lol:
All I wanna do is rock!
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

NIce one, Ilan! :D
"Never eat more than you can lift." - Mr. Moon
ilan
RRF Consultant

Post by ilan »

Thanks everyone! I'm thrilled to start this and thank Peter for the opportunity. Good work as always, Peter.

Right now, Gil (RRF technical admin) is planning the first Israeli Ric confluence. This could be a foundation for a local RRF chapter. Probably not very large at first but certainly classy...

There's no RIC authorized dealer in Israel - hasn't been in more than 10 years. So Ric owners and enthusiasts are left with eBay. The Web have enabled things that we could only dream of only a few years back. Shipping remains the big problem. Shipping a bass from the US is ~$300 and then there's 15.5% V.A.T. So prices are higher than in the US but still considerably lower than UK prices. Those of us who have accumulated some knowledge (where to find spare parts, tweaking vintage Rics, simple reversible mods etc.) are helping the "newcomers".

There are some high-level Israeli artists who use Rickenbacker guitars and basses. One of them is a Rickresource member. But yes, this is Fender-Gibson-Ibanez-Squier land... Still, there is a number of very nice collectible vintage Rics here, several of which I've seen in person.
leftyguitars
Advanced Member

Post by leftyguitars »

Congratulations Ilan. :D
"If only quilted maple grew on trees!"
http://www.leftyguitars.co.uk
whojamfan
RRF Consultant

Post by whojamfan »

Maybe if there is enough interest shown, perhaps somebody in Isreal can become an authorized Rick dealer. :D
rick_ovic
RRF Consultant

Post by rick_ovic »

That's good news about your first Israeli confluence, Ilan. Congrats on your new position! :D
'59 425, '59 335, '60 335, '60 360, '60 335F, '60 345F, '64 RM 1999, '65 RM 1998, '65 360-12, '66 335, '67 450-12, '72 4001 '72 4001, '75 4000, '75 4000CS, '00 700S, '01 700C, '01 700S-12, '01 730S-FH, '06 660 DCM
paul_yan
RRF Consultant

Post by paul_yan »

Congratulations, Ilan! I'd be very interested in knowing what's going on with Rickenbackers in your country. One of the most "bang for the bucks" Ricks in the world is in your country...actually, in your hands! It always thrills me when I think about how you got your Shadow with that nice price! :wink:

By the way, I love Trance music from Israel. It has a very high energy level and rock edge.
ilan
RRF Consultant

Post by ilan »

paul_yan wrote: By the way, I love Trance music from Israel. It has a very high energy level and rock edge.
You mean Skazi? He's so cool. Ex-hardcore metal guy, he combines both worlds, he takes the beat and bass from trance, that's the "bottom", and on top of it he lays metal guitar riffs, and the combination is so powerful it's irresistible. Hilarious guy. He once invited me to jam with him but somehow it fell through.

Return to “Israeli Chapter: by Ilan Lukatch”