Videographers' Thread

Capturing Guitar images
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Videographers' Thread

Post by kiramdear »

This is a shout-out to anyone experienced with filming or taping our favorite subject matter. If you have any tips to share on what makes your shoot successful as well as samples to present, please give us the benefit of your experience. I'll guess that most of us are on a household budget when it comes to video; I actually use my videocam for both stills and video with Photoshop as my main image app and QT Player to capture vid. My stuff doesn't look very good, frankly. What do I need to know to make better music video and how can I spend my money wisely in the video or software store?
All I wanna do is rock!
jps
RRF Consultant

Re: Videographers' Thread

Post by jps »

Great idea, Kira m' dear! On a couple of occasions, Rare Blend has had three camera shoots done at gigs. I will have to see if I can get them and figure a way to post them.
grazioso
Intermediate Member

Post by grazioso »

kiramdear wrote:This is a shout-out to anyone experienced with filming or taping our favorite subject matter. If you have any tips to share on what makes your shoot successful as well as samples to present, please give us the benefit of your experience. I'll guess that most of us are on a household budget when it comes to video; I actually use my videocam for both stills and video with Photoshop as my main image app and QT Player to capture vid. My stuff doesn't look very good, frankly. What do I need to know to make better music video and how can I spend my money wisely in the video or software store?
1) do not do any videos in the dry riverbed in la
2) get separate camera for photos.
3) buy old loaded sgi for video.(around $300 on ebay)
dusan palka who is also known as grazioso on infamous auction web site
if you want to reach the man and expect an answer please make sure you remove this email address (dusan@palka.com) from your spam block if you have one.
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

jps wrote:Great idea, Kira m' dear! On a couple of occasions, Rare Blend has had three camera shoots done at gigs. I will have to see if I can get them and figure a way to post them.
I agree, Great idea, Kira.
Jeff, you can upload those vids to Youtube.
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
ben_brown
Advanced Member

Post by ben_brown »

On my last trip to Baltimore to see Rare Blend I did have a chance to record it with my video camera. Howerever the lighting situation wasn't desirable. These new digital video cameras these days need lots of light to make decent image quality. Unless of course you spend thousands of dollars for one. The footage I got was somewhat dark and grainy. Also I need to do something with the audio aspect if it as well. A lot of times the microphones on the cameras are not variable and will distort easily. I need to experiment with covering the mic opening with some foam or partialy covering all of the holes for the mic.
'73 4001 MG '88 4003S JG '89 4003S FG '91 4003S MG

Return to “Photography By RRF Members: by Jeffrey Scott”