Spanish Culture, Part I

Reports from Spain
miguel
RRF Consultant

Spanish Culture, Part I

Post by miguel »

Do you want to take a look at the spanish TV news? Here are the headlines of yesterday's night TVE news program. TVE is the national television network, the public one. We also have several commercial networks, the TDT channels (digital TV) and pay TV channels.
http://www.rtve.es/mediateca/videos/200 ... 9551.shtml
ricardo_vicente

Re: Spanish Culture, Part I

Post by ricardo_vicente »

We have all the Spanish state channels, i.e. tvei(nternacional) and the regional channels, via satellite at home here in Germany. I quite often watch el Telediario. I like to keep in touch with the news on TV Canaria too but sometimes there's only so many programmes about Guanche history and how to make the best mojo picón a man can take! :lol:
miguel
RRF Consultant

Post by miguel »

So you understand Spanish, Ricardo? A partir de ahora, todo en español. :D
In my opinion, el 'Telediario' is a very good news program, very well done and informative. I use to watch the news from the States (ABC, CNN) and I think el 'Telediario' is as good as any of these. Just my two cents!
ricardo_vicente

Post by ricardo_vicente »

¿Todo en español? ¡Como tu quieras, tío!
I think you're doing Spanish state TV a disservice by comparing the standard of news reporting to CNN.
The downside of being outside of Spain and only receiving tvei is that the licensing laws mean we don't get to see all the football games which they show on tve.
miguel
RRF Consultant

Post by miguel »

Well, I'm not into football, Richard. But I see what you mean.

Return to “Spanish Chapter: by Miguel Valpuesta”