Aussie Roll Call

Reports from Australia
antipodean

Re: Aussie Roll Call

Post by antipodean »

Welcome Ilias! Nice to have another Sydney-sider on board.

I'll join the throng in keeping my eyes open for a southpaw 360/12....
"I don't want to sound incredulous but I can't believe it" Rex Mossop
tamere

Post by tamere »

Thanks everyone for the kind words, looking forward to get that 360/12 after 15 years of dreaming of getting it and delaying it. I have been tempted by a Grestch Tim Armstrong recently too, that one is available everywhere as lefty! I better wait up and save for the Rick!
plasticman_88

Post by plasticman_88 »

Thanks to Eden, I'm now the proud owner of a JG 4001. I'm from the cultural back-water of Brisbane, where I've only ever seen two other locals playing Rickenbackers.
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Congrats, Adrian! :D

Of course, we won't believe it till we see pics! :mrgreen:
weemac
Veteran RRF member

Post by weemac »

plasticman_88 wrote:Thanks to Eden, I'm now the proud owner of a JG 4001. I'm from the cultural back-water of Brisbane, where I've only ever seen two other locals playing Rickenbackers.
Of course Adrian came down to the cultural epicenter of Portland to get it! :mrgreen:

Eden.
antipodean

Post by antipodean »

weemac wrote:
plasticman_88 wrote:Thanks to Eden, I'm now the proud owner of a JG 4001. I'm from the cultural back-water of Brisbane, where I've only ever seen two other locals playing Rickenbackers.
Of course Adrian came down to the cultural epicenter of Portland to get it! :mrgreen:

Eden.
Just a short trip then....
"I don't want to sound incredulous but I can't believe it" Rex Mossop
tamere

Post by tamere »

hi guys just letting you know I am still in the market for a recent lefty 360/12. any leads welcome! still based in Sydney
weemac
Veteran RRF member

Post by weemac »

tamere wrote:hi guys just letting you know I am still in the market for a recent lefty 360/12. any leads welcome! still based in Sydney
Try the guys at Global Vintage, they often seem to be able to find Rickenbackers and they do get lefties from time to time..

Eden.
tamere

Post by tamere »

i've been checking their website regularly and it hasn't been updated with any lefties in recent months, they also don't bother answering emails. thanks for the tip though.
Chrome Aardvark

Post by Chrome Aardvark »

Hi,

New to these forums. I signed up to get some info on luthiers that can do a neck reset and refret on my '66 365 MG.

It looks like it will be going off to Paul in 'Frisco. Any ideas on who to ship it through?
gregga41
RRF Consultant

Post by gregga41 »

Hi Rod, welcome to the forum.
Many Aussies here, and i'm sure some have an answer for you.
Post some pics when you get the chance.
gellkeller
Intermediate Member

Post by gellkeller »

Rod, you could try Frank Grubisa at Petersham. He has done work on my Rickenbackers and I was extremely satisfied with the results.

Contact details are on his website;
http://www.grubisaguitars.com

Send me a PM if you need to discuss anything further. Welcome aboard!
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

Hi Rod.

Welcome from me too. :D

I concur with Brett. Check out Frank before you go to the expense of shipping to the US and back - which could be as much as $800 for the round trip.
"Never eat more than you can lift." - Mr. Moon
Chrome Aardvark

Post by Chrome Aardvark »

Thanks guys,

I've tried a few local people via Sydney Guitar Setups and no one seemed to want to do much for me. I spoke to Frank and he told me that he'd never done a Rickenbacker neck reset and that it would be February before he could fit me in. I also told him that I was looking to send it to Paul, which he thought would probably be a good idea despite the cost involved.

My 365 and Gibson ES-335 12-String were used by The Church around the time they recorded Uninvited Like The Clouds and Back With Two Beasts. The 365 is featured in this clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4MZ7twF ... 3E&index=2
gellkeller
Intermediate Member

Post by gellkeller »

Rod, the only other guy I would have mentioned is Piers but it sounds like you have already asked him.

I am sure Paul will take good care of it and it will come back looking/playing better than ever.

Return to “Australian Chapter: by Greg Rahilly”