1960 Rick 360

Early years of Rickenbacker Guitars prior to and including 1972

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

collin

Re: 1960 Rick 360

Post by collin »

Ric-360-12FG wrote:As your guitar seems to be in good condition I would say that its value is at least 10.000 $. Refret it and play it!
'fraid that is quite an optimistic price. Lately, the going rate has been all over the place, but around the $6k-$7K mark for Capri's in that condition seems to be the norm.

There was a crazy cheap one on Ebay around Christmas time, less than $4k, if I remember right...
NRZ4244

Post by NRZ4244 »

in nashville a few years ago we had heard between 6 and 8 thousand. but I really am not going to sell it...i'm not crazy. its a dream guitar and I just want to be able to play it.
longboard_ric
Intermediate Member

Post by longboard_ric »

Hi Nicholas. :D

Nice Capri, and a great story behind it.

If it were mine I'd keep it and play it. :D
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
NRZ4244

Post by NRZ4244 »

Wow. First of all, I can’t believe I still have a log in here. I wanted to update you guys so I’m dredging up this 14 year old thread.

Obviously a ton has changed but I’ve finally taken the plunge and started the repair process on my dad’s capri. It should take about 4 weeks or so.

I decided to get the frets done. They are also checking out the neck and making sure it’s in good alignment and will sort out any issues there.

Unfortunately the bridge pickup isn’t functioning. I’m hoping it’s some sort of wiring fault but I’m prepared for any sort of necessary rewinding.

My dad is still around thankfully. He doesn’t really play much anymore but I’m still an avid guitar player. I also now have a 2.5 year old son who loves guitar and is especially fond of looking at the rick.

I plan to play the heck out of this thing when it’s up and running.

Thanks again to all those who chimed in so long ago. I think back to the insight you guys provided often whenever I do open the case.
IMG_1915.jpeg
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

A most worthy update! Keep us posted on the restoration progress, as that is a beauty! 8)
It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca

Return to “Rickenbacker Guitars: Vintage Years - Before 1973”