The Taylor Harvey Band

Let Us Know About Your Performances Past, Present and Future
Lost Coyotes
Intermediate Member

The Taylor Harvey Band

Post by Lost Coyotes »

I am mostly playing with a country-rock (sort of) thing called the Taylor Harvey Band.
http://www.taylorharveyband.com/
Taylor began with writing and performing his own material with only an acoustic-electric guitar and a PA system, then later decided it would be fun to have a band to rock it up a notch...

Unlike lead guitarist (Tim), drummer (Gregg), and myself (Hey...you!), Taylor's only job is playing music, so he has to be versatile. He can go solo, or as a duo with Tim, or haul the whole mangy band with him, depending on the gig.

The main focus is playing/promoting the originals, but around here, they want some covers, so we have a half-a*&ed list of those.
I have a hard time describing the music's "style", if there is any style. Certainly not much class. I've heard: alt-country, roots-rock, Americana, country/rock, etc, but we think y'allternative fits pretty well.

Some song titles can give a clue:
- White Trash Blues
- It Ain't Easy Bein' Me
- Roadhousin'
- 100,000 Mile Broken Down Greasy Hand Blues
- Whiskey Take Me Home

We're just one of hundreds, maybe millions - of local bands, all shooting for the 5 or 6 really good gigs around here. We rarely get one of those, so we play dive bars...but the fun ones.

For our 15 minutes of fame: The remaining members of the Beat Farmers (now The Farmers) befriended us before the tragic passing of Buddy Blue in 2006. They helped us as they could, and had us opening for them at Humphrey's.
I'll never forget Buddy saying, "Man, you guys are rockin'...If you were just younger and purtier..."
Buddy was also a columnist for the local paper, and was known to be a pretty tough critic, so I was amazed he'd give us THAT much...even when kidding!
Thanks, Buddy! ;) RIP, brother. :)
Later that year when we opened for The Blasters at the BellyUp Tavern in Solana Beach...what a rush!... if we never do it again, I'll always be grateful for that opportunity. :D But I'll be happy as long as I can play and have fun.
"Why didn't I just learn how to cook"
Lost Coyotes
Intermediate Member

Re: The Taylor Harvey Band

Post by Lost Coyotes »

The "promo" shot. :roll:
Assembled from pieces because when we got a new drummer, nobody wanted to spring for a new group picture...
You know? You never know how long one of those drummers is gonna last, and pictures ain't cheap... :wink:
I apologize for not playing a real bass here. I was temporarily in lust with a '57 RI P.
It's OK, I'm back to normal now. :shock:
Attachments
THBPromo208-sm.jpg
"Why didn't I just learn how to cook"

Return to “My Gig Forum”