Jim Krause on the Radio

Let Us Know About Your Performances Past, Present and Future
jimk
RRF Consultant

Jim Krause on the Radio

Post by jimk »

I'm so excited about this, I can't wait. I'll be part of a program on Kansas City's community radio station KKFI 90.1 FM on Thursday night, March 19. The show airs at 10:00 PM Central Time USA.

I'll be playing original songs along with two other local area songwriters. Alas, no Ricks will be involved, but all acoustic instruments. I'll refresh this thread as the time gets nearer. Just couldn't hold the news back any longer.

And of all of you folks outside the radio broadcast area, you can catch the show over the internet.

JimK
melibreits

Re: Jim Krause on the Radio

Post by melibreits »

Cool, Jim!

I got a chance to perform a couple of my songs on our local radio station a couple of years ago, and it was a really great experience. I've got the date marked on my calendar, so I'll remember to tune in! Congrats! :D
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Post by kiramdear »

Great news, Jim! I plan to tune in :D
All I wanna do is rock!
jimk
RRF Consultant

Post by jimk »

Refresh

JimK
jimk
RRF Consultant

Post by jimk »

Well that certainly was fun last night. If you didn't tune in over the internet, you missed out on a pretty good show.

It was pretty laid-back; sort of a campfire style song swap kind of feeling. I sang four of my songs "Tiger On My Couch," "Take the Blues With You When You Go," "The John Deere Song," and "Hint of Spring In The Air." The last two I accompanied myself on banjo. "Tiger On My Couch" was released in 1999 on a Kansas City Songwriters' anthology called "Reunion '99 Sampler CD." "The John Deere Song" was recorded by the Euphoria String Band on their 1999 release "Way Out West In Kansas." The other two songs are unreleased at the moment.

JimK
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Post by kiramdear »

Oh shoot, Jim, I'm sorry I missed you :( My mind is like a sieve. If you recorded it can you post some tracks for us? Dang these senior moments :evil:
All I wanna do is rock!
jimk
RRF Consultant

Post by jimk »

I didn't record it. I'm not sure whether or not it may be arcived at the radio's website. http://www.kkfi.org It doesn't look like it to me.

JimK
melibreits

Post by melibreits »

Darn.... I missed it too--even though I had mentioned earlier in the evening to my husband that I needed to tune in at 10 pm.... Then he left for a meeting, and I spent the next couple of hours battling with my 10-year old over what should have been a simple 10-minute homework assignment.... :roll: So by the time I got him tucked in bed my brain was frazzled and the Forum was the last thing on my mind.... :oops: Did anyone record it? I would still like to hear it!

Return to “My Gig Forum”