new beatles museum in hamburg

Reports from Germany
xpitt
Intermediate Member

new beatles museum in hamburg

Post by xpitt »

found this link in an email from a friend...
http://www.beatlemania-hamburg.com/
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Re: new beatles museum in hamburg

Post by kiramdear »

Cool site, but my Duits is pretty poor. I'll have to go back with my dictionary. The site design is very well done. 8)
All I wanna do is rock!
xpitt
Intermediate Member

Post by xpitt »

The site seems to be still under construction, maybe they add an english choice, they should do !
berth
RRF Consultant

Post by berth »

kiramdear wrote:my Duits is pretty poor.
That's a Dutch word you used there. ;-) (At least it means "german" which in german is Deutsch.)
68 4001|73 4001 MG|75 4000 MG|79 4001 JG FL|81 4001S AZG|86 4003 MID/BT|86 4003 Shadow|88 4003s Blackstar|89 4003 Grey/BT FL|93 4004 Ci|96 4003S/8 FG|98 4003S/5 JG|05 650D|05 4004Cii/5 TG|08 660/12 JG|18 4003S/5 MID|19 4003S/5 WAL ||TR35B|RB 30||
beatlefreak

Post by beatlefreak »

Are you trying to confuse us?
:lol:
Ka is a wheel.
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

There's English on that site......... :D

http://www.beatlemania-hamburg.com/english/index.html
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Post by kiramdear »

beatlefreak wrote:Are you trying to confuse us?
I don't even try. It just happens naturally. :oops: :wink: :lol:
All I wanna do is rock!
jimk
RRF Consultant

Post by jimk »

kiramdear wrote:
beatlefreak wrote:Are you trying to confuse us?
I don't even try. It just happens naturally. :oops: :wink: :lol:
I caught that. And I thought you did it on purpose. :mrgreen: Just as well; for I'd have used the word "Dietsch" which is Nether-Saxon for German.
JimK
doctorno
RRF Consultant

Post by doctorno »

jimk wrote:I'd have used the word "Dietsch" which is Nether-Saxon for German.
Really? In Niedersachsen or only in those areas of the USA where people from Niedersachsen immigrated to?
I think "Plattdeutsch" for "deutsch" is something like "düdsch".
jimk
RRF Consultant

Post by jimk »

doctorno wrote:
jimk wrote:I'd have used the word "Dietsch" which is Nether-Saxon for German.
Really? In Niedersachsen or only in those areas of the USA where people from Niedersachsen immigrated to?
I think "Plattdeutsch" for "deutsch" is something like "düdsch".
Nä. Ekj meene daut sproak waut de lieda noh Wast Frieslaund, Gronigen, oda Oost Frieslaund räde wan dee tüs senn. Eensje noh Winnepeg Kaunada uck dit räde, un een weinje uck noh Kaunsas, un Nebraska.

JimK

[Translation: No. I mean that language which people in West Friesland, Gronigen, and East Friesland speak when they're at home. Some in Winnepeg Canada also speak it, and a few also in Kansas and Nebraska.]
xpitt
Intermediate Member

Post by xpitt »

winston wrote:There's English on that site......... :D

http://www.beatlemania-hamburg.com/english/index.html
They finally did it. I think the next time I happen to be up north in Hamburg again I will go there for sure .
doctorno
RRF Consultant

Post by doctorno »

jimk wrote:Nä. Ekj meene daut sproak waut de lieda noh Wast Frieslaund, Gronigen, oda Oost Frieslaund räde wan dee tüs senn. Eensje noh Winnepeg Kaunada uck dit räde, un een weinje uck noh Kaunsas, un Nebraska. [Translation: No. I mean that language which people in West Friesland, Gronigen, and East Friesland speak when they're at home. Some in Winnepeg Canada also speak it, and a few also in Kansas and Nebraska.]
Nowadays all the local accents spoken in the north-west and west of Germany are called "Plattdeutsch". "Friesisch" (as it is spoken in East and North Friesland) is a completely different language. It is considered to be one of the "endangered" or "dying" languages by the United Nations now. The dialect spoken in the USA and Canada by some of the old immigrants from Northern Germany is different from the "Plattdeutsch" as well, because in the USA and Canada an older version of these German dialects has been conserved.
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

That's probably what I hear around here. We have a number of Hutterite colonies near here where they speak some German-like language. I can get bits and pieces of it, but I don't really understand a lot of it. Of course, my German isn't what it used to be either...
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...

Return to “German Chapter: by Markus Horn”