J Dog's 2009 Tour

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

ken_j
RRF Consultant

Re: J Dog's 2009 Tour

Post by ken_j »

jps wrote:Ken, while in Cleveland we went to Heights Guitars, a cool store very close to my house. Jdog got to check out and play a 1937 (IIRC) Martin! I will let him tell you what he bought there. 8)
I played an earlier '40s Martin. Quite nice!
"The best things in life aren't things."
krick
Veteran RRF member

Post by krick »

It was a great "road trip" trip to Elderly and thanks to Ken for going along. I can spend hours there just looking at stuff. No hassles from their staff either.

It would have been cool if Jason could have joined us there but I know he was on a tight schedule.
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Jdog had to get some routine servicing done on his car Friday morning which may have contributed to his tight schedule that day.
dr_bob
RRF Consultant

Post by dr_bob »

J Dog has arrived in St. Louis none the worse for the wear. It appears that everyone at his previous stops on "the tour" has treated him very well.

This afternoon we compared 12-strings (and others of our trusted Ricks) and after a dinner of St. Louis style ribs we hit the one true St. Louis institution -- Ted Drews. Anyone out there ever been to Ted Drews?
The world is made of stories not atoms and every guitar has a story.
jimk
RRF Consultant

Post by jimk »

Been to the Arch, been to Jefferson Barracks, ate ribs at Penny's, but I've never been to Ted Drew's.
JimK
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

Well here I am at St. Louis U. It is great to be surrounded by all this great scenery and I don't mean the buildings or trees!!! :) Jeff T and the crew were great hosts in Chicago and we had a blast... same for Jeff S and the Cleveland Micrio event! Yes I had to get some work done on the shuttlecraft (routine stuff) so I could not meet up with Kevin and Ken at Elderly although I did speak to Kevin on the telephone and it sounds and looks like they had a blast. Sorry I couldn't get together with you two. In Cleveland I picked up a blackface Fender Vibratone cabinet. It rocks hard. Ask anyone that was at micrio. I stopped for a horseshoe in Springfield. Word of advice - almost everything in Springfield is closed Sundays. But I did eventually find Sgt Pepper's Cafe and got a cute waitress, so all is well with the Dog. Dr. Bob is a top notch host and we're having a blast. We had some excellent StL style ribs, another cute waitress :) and then a concrete at Ted Drewe's. What a cool local experience. I'm just catching up on emails this morning here at the school, and will go exploring here shortly to see the Arch (a breath taking sight from the freeway, actually, if you come in from the east on 55 or 44 or whatever road it was) and a few music shops and then some good Italian tonight on The Hill. Thanks everyone! Cheers, J
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Glad to hear you are having a great time checking out the scenery! :wink:
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

I'm here at Kris's place in Georgia. That drive from StL was a killer!!! Had a blast with Dr. Bob, and now it's off to dinner with Kris.
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

How's the Fender holding up?
ajish4
RRF Moderator

Post by ajish4 »

jdogric12aolcom wrote:I'm here at Kris's place in Georgia. That drive from StL was a killer!!! Had a blast with Dr. Bob, and now it's off to dinner with Kris.
GETTING CLOSER! :twisted: 8)
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

ajish4 wrote:
jdogric12aolcom wrote:I'm here at Kris's place in Georgia. That drive from StL was a killer!!! Had a blast with Dr. Bob, and now it's off to dinner with Kris.
Tony, Jdog had to dump the sewing machine to make room for the Vibratone he bought while visiting me. :twisted: :P :shock:
ajish4
RRF Moderator

Post by ajish4 »

jps wrote:
ajish4 wrote:
Tony, Jdog had to dump the sewing machine to make room for the Vibratone he bought while visiting me. :twisted: :P :shock:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Man, IS NOTHING SACRED???? :wink:

He DOES have a little SOMETHING extra for me in that car I believe......HE STOLE SOME DIM SUM! :wink: 8)
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

ajish4 wrote:He DOES have a little SOMETHING extra for me in that car I believe......HE STOLE SOME DIM SUM! :wink: 8)
Hopefully, it will make it back to you in edible form! :shock:
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

BTW, I saw what he took, the jellyfish and the tripe.
ajish4
RRF Moderator

Post by ajish4 »

jps wrote:BTW, I saw what he took, the jellyfish and the tripe.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”