Going back to Markbass

Non-Rickenbacker Basses, Fretless Basses & Effects

Moderators: ajish4, cjj

marc61

Going back to Markbass

Post by marc61 »

Despite pleas from forumites, I went from Markbass to SVT. Yes, the Ampeg SVT is like no other, it is also unnecessary for me. Today, I sold the rig(actually got great trade in value at GC).One day,when I am famous(or more likely the kid) if Ampeg will let us endorse, we can have SVT again.

Until then I will live with this:
Attachments
Little Mark II.jpg
jps
RRF Consultant

Re: Going back to Markbass

Post by jps »

Do I hear someone's back going:

YES!!!!! 8)
atomic_punk

Post by atomic_punk »

I gotta try one of those combos. Would love to haul a 28 lb combo to the gig.
"They make great f***'n basses". - Lemmy, NAMM 2009
sloop_john_b
Rick-a-holic

Post by sloop_john_b »

No shame in that. My Markbass head has had at least 4 different types of alcohol spilled in it, been left in the trunk of my car through every kind of extreme temperature possible for two years, and I've even played "Jessie's Girl" through it - and it still refuses to quit on me.
cassius987

Post by cassius987 »

I much prefer Markbass to Ampeg, so a +1 from this guy... Nice work! :)
marc61

Post by marc61 »

sloop_john_b wrote:No shame in that. My Markbass head has had at least 4 different types of alcohol spilled in it, been left in the trunk of my car through every kind of extreme temperature possible for two years, and I've even played "Jessie's Girl" through it - and it still refuses to quit on me.

Except for the "Jessie's Girl" issue :lol: it sounds like you treat your Markbass like an Ampeg

Eventually I will get a worthy cabinet for it. For now, It'll go through my GK 2x10 which is the lone piece of equipment that seems to just stay in the fold. I think it's about 20-25 years old.
woodyng

Post by woodyng »

i own both markbass (micromark) and ampeg (b12n) at the moment,and they are each examples of the smallest amps made by the company. if i ever need a stage rig again,i would like to check out the new modular mark bass amps,with both tube and solid state preamps.....markbass is just great equipment,and they bring out the best in the hb-1's....
Happyface

Post by Happyface »

Your amp and your guitar are simply tools. Most in the audience can't tell the difference.

But I'll never give up a tube head, even for the convenience of a handbag amp. Just what I like to hear, I guess.
Currently: Tuxedo, 1972 4000

Past holdings: 1968 4005, Blackstar, 3000, CS, Alembric, Tuxedo, 360-12, Blackstar, 360-12, 1982 4003, Shadow, 4003 SnowGlow, CS in that order.
marc61

Post by marc61 »

Happyface wrote:Your amp and your guitar are simply tools. Most in the audience can't tell the difference.
Which is why I never should have started with the SVT. The other thing is, my son has dragged me to see a lot of bands lately. I notice the tighter bands play with a lower stage volume. The mix is better too. In that situation, I'm not sure what amp you're using makes a difference as the sound reinforcement is what's reaching the audience.
Happyface

Post by Happyface »

Yes - a lot of times your amp is just your stage monitor!

I wonder if we should all be switching back to B-15s or other little tube amps. You hear a lot of stories that lead guitars in touring acts have a wall of Marshalls or Hiwatts, but actually are plugged into a little AC-30 behind the stack.
Currently: Tuxedo, 1972 4000

Past holdings: 1968 4005, Blackstar, 3000, CS, Alembric, Tuxedo, 360-12, Blackstar, 360-12, 1982 4003, Shadow, 4003 SnowGlow, CS in that order.
qwezirider
Intermediate Member

Post by qwezirider »

I've been having success as of late with audio techs allowing me to mic my cabinets. So at least to a small degree, I do get the pleasure of at sending my sound to the mixer, who hopefully doesn't kill it too much before reaching the audience.
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Well, when you pull out the AEA how could they refuse? :mrgreen:

Return to “The Low End”