PROJECT "X" DEBUTS!

Exceptional restoration is in the details

Moderator: jingle_jangle

jwargowski

Re: PROJECT "X" DEBUTS!

Post by jwargowski »

My nomination for the understatement of 2009 ...
- The owner says it's a "keeper"-
Nice work Paul.
eric_b
RIC

Post by eric_b »

jingle_jangle wrote:Nice color, Eric...are starting a trend? It would be interesting to see how much of a match they are in person!
That bass was a RIC outlet item a couple of years back, I'm not sure if the winner of the bidding is a forum member or not. That was one of the few that Craig Witty didn't get.

I think the one you did is just a bit lighter, but they would definitely look cool together on stage. I love the bound headstock on that guitar! You could always bring it down for a comparison, I did a 660 in the same color as the bass.
"It's not the obscene thick gloss, but how it's applied"
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

It is nice that are a several out there, Eric. I am amazed that you and Paul came so close when your efforts were independent of one another. Great minds think alike, it would seem.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
woodyng

Post by woodyng »

oh....my.....PAUL,----that is scintillatin!! i have been admiring the finishes on several aged walnut glo ? 3001's posted lately,that seem to have an ambered honey burst,this is even lighter,i can only imagine how much better this looks in person........GORGEOUS. and comparing it to the bass pictured,i would want to change out the plastic on the bass to the gold color-it just really goes well .....
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

eric_b wrote: You could always bring it down for a comparison, I did a 660 in the same color as the bass.
'Ceptin it's winging its way back up to the GWN for its reunion with Peter!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yes, after leaving San Francisco it has travelled to Lachine, Quebec and then believe it or not back to Hodgkins, Illinois for the weekend. What a tangled web UPS weaves! :shock:
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Post by kiramdear »

This must be what the McCormack residence currently looks like.

All I wanna do is rock!
melibreits

Post by melibreits »

admin wrote:Yes, after leaving San Francisco it has travelled to Lachine, Quebec and then believe it or not back to Hodgkins, Illinois for the weekend. What a tangled web UPS weaves! :shock:
I feel your frustration, Peter! Many, many of my guitars have spent long weekends in Hodgkins, Illinois before making their way to me in Northern Minnesota!
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

Hodgkins, IL is a bucolic place to spend a weekend. My '60 Chevy blew a clutch there one memorable winter evening in 1967.

Anyway, I've located your 350. It's right here:
UPS hodgkins.jpg
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Paul: While you are a wizard when it comes to all things refinishing I never dreamed that your service extended so far beyond your shop. :shock: I appreciate the update.

eric_b
RIC

Post by eric_b »

jingle_jangle wrote:
eric_b wrote: You could always bring it down for a comparison, I did a 660 in the same color as the bass.
'Ceptin it's winging its way back up to the GWN for its reunion with Peter!
Sounds like a great reason for Peter to come to SoCal, no? :wink:
"It's not the obscene thick gloss, but how it's applied"
wittyair

Post by wittyair »

eric_b wrote:
jingle_jangle wrote:Nice color, Eric...are starting a trend? It would be interesting to see how much of a match they are in person!
That bass was a RIC outlet item a couple of years back, I'm not sure if the winner of the bidding is a forum member or not. That was one of the few that Craig Witty didn't get.

I think the one you did is just a bit lighter, but they would definitely look cool together on stage. I love the bound headstock on that guitar! You could always bring it down for a comparison, I did a 660 in the same color as the bass.

I remember that bass, Eric.....and I loved it!! But that was before I played any bass and I let it pass by. It won't happen again!!
johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Post by johnallg »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Funny Craig.

Peter, what a stunning instrument. It would look amazing on a 4001 too, showing the shedua stripe. Love the softness of the coloring, and of course the CB. Great job, Paul.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks, John. I look forward to seeing it in person later in the week. Currently in Maumee, Ohio.

jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

johnallg wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: Funny Craig.

Peter, what a stunning instrument. It would look amazing on a 4001 too, showing the shedua stripe. Love the softness of the coloring, and of course the CB. Great job, Paul.
John, I just received a request to do an early 4001 in this color, and am too happy to oblige the owner. Photos anon...

Return to “Reflections of a Curmudgeon: by Paul Wilczynski”