PROJECT "X" DEBUTS!

Exceptional restoration is in the details

Moderator: jingle_jangle

admin
Site Admin

Re: PROJECT "X" DEBUTS!

Post by admin »

Thanks John. It was an exciting day for me when the 350 arrived the first time from your place. I look forward to the same excitement as it comes home.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Project X has landed and I am waiting to let the package warm up a while before I open it. The hardest waiting begins now. By the way, it arrived in a Purolator truck.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Post by kiramdear »

I'm happy for you, Peter. :D
All I wanna do is rock!
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

admin wrote: By the way, it arrived in a Purolator truck.
Those dopes! I specifically requested Brinks!

Did they at least have automatic weapons?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

My question is did they have the heater on in their truck?

winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

Purolator trucks are unheated for the most part unless it arrived at your doorstep in a van. Wait the prescribed period or you will have the same problem i encountered with my JG 350 that was shipped to me during a cold snap a few years ago. :( Oh and congrats again Peter.
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Brian: Fortunately the weather has been above freezing and nearly setting records this past week. We have recorded 10-20 degrees Celsius during the day and above freezing at night lately.

This morning it was a few degrees below freezing but well above freezing when it arrived. I will leave it in the box for four hours to warm up gradually and then allow the closed case another 6 hours or so to reach room temperature before opening it. I believe 10 hours of gradual warming inside under these conditions should be sufficient before exposing it to its "new environment."

My music room is 20 degrees Celsius and 35-40 relative humidity from October to May. The months of June to September usually take care of themselves. I will, however, learn from your experience.

melibreits

Post by melibreits »

Peter, how much longer? :wink:
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

A few more hours yet. Later tonight or early tomorrow, Melissa. Thanks for asking.

melibreits

Post by melibreits »

Pins and needles! I know very well what that's like--I remember taking delivery of my Turquoise 325v59 when it was 20 below, and the wait before I could open the case seemed like an eternity.... but it was well worth waiting for!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Melissa: It arrived in pristine condition and is a sight to behold. Four hours in the box and 18 hours in the case. The Curmudgeon will have to change his name to Merlin as he has surely breathed magic into this 350 and has taken it to a new level. I may have to start believing in potions and dragons after this experience.
Wizard in 1980
Wizard in 1980

melibreits

Post by melibreits »

Congratulations, Peter! :D
simer4001
Veteran RRF member

Post by simer4001 »

Paul,

I bet a 73 4001 would look good with this treatment. What do you think?
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

I dunno, Brian. Best ask The Wiz.
aerome

Post by aerome »

Glad this was bumped, I enjoyed reading the thread. Seems that Mr. Wizard actually is the Guitar Czar! Great work, Paul, congrats once again, Peter.

Return to “Reflections of a Curmudgeon: by Paul Wilczynski”