So Cal Post NAMM Graham Jam, Saturday January 23, 12-8 PM,

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

kennyhowes
Veteran RRF member

Re: So Cal Post NAMM Graham Jam, Saturday January 23, 12-8 PM,

Post by kennyhowes »

shamustwin wrote:I'd be totally into playing the roots-of-rock stuff. Some Buddy and Everlys too, perhaps?

But dag nab it, my plane load of birds supposed to arrive today arrives tomorrow.
I'd like to show up, but it might be late afternoon/early evening.
Can't say 100%.
Drat, I've been practicing and everything.
I'll join you on some of that stuff if you like!

By the way, has there been a delay in this thing starting up today?
collin

Post by collin »

Once again, thanks for organizing Paul.

Had a great time, as usual. .......(now the 11 hour-countdown till waffle time! :) )
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

collin wrote:Once again, thanks for organizing Paul.

Had a great time, as usual. .......(now the 11 hour-countdown till waffle time! :) )
It's waffle time, where are ya?
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

rickenbrother wrote:

It's waffle time, where are ya?
Yeah, it's waaaayyyyyyy past breakfast time here and I see no waffles, just some wafflers! :mrgreen:
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

Yeah, it's waaaayyyyyyy past breakfast time here and I see no waffles, just some wafflers!
+1 !!
"Never eat more than you can lift." - Mr. Moon
beatbyrd
Intermediate Member

Post by beatbyrd »

Thanks for the hospitality. Didn't get to play...., but as usual, I learned a lot about Ricks. I'm always impressed with the spirit of camraderie (is that spelled correctly?) that is present at these gatherings. It's an impressive group of people and I'm glad to have met them. I'm looking forward to the next one.

Thanks again to all involved. Tom
It's a Byrd, it's a playin'..........

'73 4001 MG
'09 360/12 FG
'10 360/6 FG
libratune
Veteran RRF member

Post by libratune »

beatbyrd wrote:Thanks for the hospitality. Didn't get to play...., but as usual, I learned a lot about Ricks. I'm always impressed with the spirit of camraderie (is that spelled correctly?) that is present at these gatherings. It's an impressive group of people and I'm glad to have met them. I'm looking forward to the next one.

I wasn't there but the camaraderie was!
shamustwin

Post by shamustwin »

Pics?
I missed the event. :(
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

Had a great time, as usual.
+1 on that !!!

Paulie --- it was great - thanks for everything. Your Baby Blue Ric was cool 8) 8) !!! I think everybody had an enjoyable time.

It was great to have "new" RRFer Lou attend the Mini Con and special thanks to Scott's band 8) "ProgKnowSys" for putting on a little show for us with all their keyboard wizardry !! Thanks to Alberto and Collin and the other drummers !

And we all enjoyed Kenny and Graham's repertoire of lesser-played Beatles tunes.... Kenny's rendition of the backwards part in "Rain" was really cool 8) and Graham seemed to have those backwards lyrics nailed down ! As Kenny commented, we had lots of new and different songs we did at this jam.

Steve, hope you had a safe ride home and thanks to you and Ross (and Graham) for being long-distance attendees.

I will try and post some pictures soon.
beatbyrd
Intermediate Member

Post by beatbyrd »

libratune wrote:
beatbyrd wrote:Thanks for the hospitality. Didn't get to play...., but as usual, I learned a lot about Ricks. I'm always impressed with the spirit of camraderie (is that spelled correctly?) that is present at these gatherings. It's an impressive group of people and I'm glad to have met them. I'm looking forward to the next one.

I wasn't there but the camaraderie was!

No...... I specifically asked if "that" was spelled correctly and that was spelled correctly. And that's that.
Correction noted. Thanks.

Tom
It's a Byrd, it's a playin'..........

'73 4001 MG
'09 360/12 FG
'10 360/6 FG
paologregorio

Post by paologregorio »

Thanks to all for participating and contributing. I was hoping to at least play one number with you before you left Tom, but it didn't happen, unfortunately. To borrow some basball lingo, I'm going to start you at bass in the lead off spot at the next jam! I don't think Joey or Scott will mind! :D That means you get to pick some opening numbers. :) The next jam will be in March, bassed on our current every other month schedule. I'm thinking of having starting the 8 hour block later, maybe at 2 or 4 pm, but I'll get feedback first; I want the schedule to be most convenient for everyone else. I'm pretty flexible on time. :)

I really appreciate everyone who got things going at the beginning of the jam, as I was unable to be there for the first couple of hours due to my attending a memorial service for a friend who recently passed away.
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

Had a great time as usual, thanks for organizing again, Paulie! And also thanks for the awesome waffle breakfast yesterday! :)

Glad Steve made the trip again. Ross made it there also. We had a newcomer to the jam, forumite Rickendelic. Nice meeting and jamming with you, Louis, I hope you'll join us again at future jams and confluences!

ProgKnowSys rocks!

Paulie, I don't mind at all if Tom starts off the bass duties at the next jam.

The "head" was a hit and had fun jamming also! :mrgreen:
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
Danotron
Intermediate Member

Post by Danotron »

I wanted to say Thanks to Rich and Paul for getting this together. I had a great time jamming with everyone and I enjoyed meeting Graham. I actually ran into Graham at a local Huntington Beach guitar store and recognized him from his "mask" picture we had at the Trotty jam..................small world!

Anyway, I took some pictures too. I took them on my cell phone so they are a little blurry and I have to e-mail them to my computer one at a time. I'm getting ready to get in my car and drive all day , but I'll get things started with a few pics from the jam.
Attachments
Ric Jam 1-10 - 2.jpg
Ric Jam 1-10.jpg
paologregorio

Post by paologregorio »

It's always fun to experience the way the jams turn out; Collin and Kenny both started out playing drums on Saturday, and I don't think Collin ended up playing guitar at all. I don't think we did any 50s numbers after all that prep, instead digging deep into Steve "Buddy Dog's" Beatles Songbook, covering Fab Four numbers we'd never tried before, which poor Gary, who caught sick and was anable to attend, will surely be disappointed to have missed. We played some Stones numbers, a couple of Cure hits, and thanks to some recent time sitting in with Vito Francone and Tony Small's "Small World Band", a stirring rendition of the Georgia Satellites "Keep Your Hands to Yourself". Having all the guys from Prognknowsys hang out and jam was great as well; the additional lead vocal, keyoard, and guitar vocabulary was definitely an added dimension. Hope they'll come back to the next one, as they all seemed to be having fun, and the band isn't booked until later this spring, IIRC. :)

Many thanks to Scott's pal Ken, and Alberto Campos for doing a fantastic job on drums. Poor Alberto is much more of an 80s music lover, and we had him performing tons of Beatles songs, which he played masterfully. :) He didn't even used to own a ride cymbal-it's the Tony Thompson (Chic) and Roger Taylor (Duran Duran) influence. :D
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

Sorry :oops: :| that I haven't yet gotten the Mini Con pictures downloaded and edited for red eye and Brightness/darkness and contrast etc.

Last night I was downloading pictures off the camera from Christmas, for sending to relatives that I hadn't gotten to them yet..... :oops: :P :lol: so it shows you how far behind I am. And then I was also editing and posting pictures on two other RRF threads till very late (the NAMM thread and the Vox AC-30 "Tune Up" thread).

Slowly I'm catching up :oops: and will get some Mini Con Jam pics posted.... :) soon .... :roll:

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”