Congrats To Jet Harris

Remembers classic songs from the late 1950s and 1960s
kenposurf
RRF Consultant

Congrats To Jet Harris

Post by kenposurf »

Pulled this off another site..posted New Years Eve on The Shadows site..

Hi Everyone,

I am so delighted to be able to tell you that Jet has been awarded an MBE (Member of the Order of the British Empire) in the New Years Honours List. He receives the honour for his services to the music industry.

It's fantastic to see Jet finally receiving the recognition he deserves for his unique contribution to music and in particular for pioneering the electric bass guitar in the UK.

I know that Rob Bradford is going to write a synopsis of Jet's career and achievements to date, so I would just like to say a personal "thank you" to Jet for all the enjoyment his music has brought throughout the years and for inspiring so many other people to take up playing the bass guitar - some of whom became famous (Sir Paul McCartney, Sting, Bill Wyman and John McVie to name a few) - but the majority of whom just played for the sheer love of the music.

Also, some more good news ... Jet received a good report on his health yesterday. His doctors have told him that he need not have any more chemotherapy treatment for six weeks, after which his treatment will be reviewed.

The third piece of good news is that Geoff Barker will be featuring an interview with Jet on his famous "Saturday Night Rock 'n' Roll Party" on Saturday 2 January at varying times on local BBC radio (or you can listen on BBC iPlayer if you miss the show). Details can be found at http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p001d7zl

What a brilliant way to start 2010! It doesn't get much better than this!

Happy New Year and congratulations to you Jet!! Have a fabulous year!

Best wishes
Audreyaudreyk
royclough
RRF Consultant

Re: Congrats To Jet Harris

Post by royclough »

Here's Jet in his hey day just after he had left The Shadows and a great clip from 2007

Return to “Clough's Classics: by Roy Clough”