Some rick vids with my old friend from 1974

Rolling the Finest in Digital Movies
rikki

Some rick vids with my old friend from 1974

Post by rikki »

I didn`t play the rick now for more than 25 years. Some weeks ago I tried to re-animate him :lol: :lol: , and it works. So maybe you`ll enjoy the playalongs. :D

http://www.youplayalong.com/watch_video ... 601029646f - I felt the love- Crusaders

http://www.youplayalong.com/watch_video ... 7051c315e6 - Love and emotion - Gino Vannelli

http://www.youplayalong.com/watch_video ... 8abde86615 - a remark you made - Weather report

http://www.youplayalong.com/watch_video ... 7a0a808be0 - As we speak - David Sanborn
who ceases to learn, ceases to be ( some chinese words )
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Re: Some rick vids with my old friend from 1974

Post by doctorwho »

Very nice, Hanno! Great sound from that bass! :D
It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Welcome, Hanno! :D

Very nice, you are doing great for not having played for so long. 8)
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

Well done Hanno. Nice tone and btw welcome to the forum. :D
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
rikki

Post by rikki »

Thanx a lot, guys. So, I do not play the rick for so many years, but I do start playing (concerning a gig for my 50th birthday) with other basses after a pause of about 20-23 years..
I tried to sell the rick and I landed in a German Forum, where everybody told me not to sell, but to play. Therefore I start it again and now I´m quiet happy, because it`s a fine instrument with a lot of memories to the 70ies and starting 80ies (Yes, Genesis etc.) :lol: :lol:
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Those two bands are major reasons I started playing a Rickenbacker bass, along with Renaissance and Deep Purple. The first Rick bass I saw in a concert performance was Genesis in April 1972. :D
rikki

Post by rikki »

Well, I guess, we had some similiar experiences: I do see all the bands you mentioned live in Europe. That was a great time, was`t it ?

My initial idea (???) to buy a 4001 was Chris Squier or Michael Rutherford ( I can`t remember, it`s a long time ago).
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

I think we must be brothers! 8)
rikki

Post by rikki »

I´ve got no brother in real life, but Now I`m glad to find a bro by soul.

Did you also see PFM, Gentle Giant , Van der Graaf Generator, Earth & Fire and so on ? That was a great time, was`t it ?
rikki

Post by rikki »

Hey JPS,

if you are interested in: there are some recording from my old band (so from the 1970/1980ies). Live recording on stage and during rehearsal (what is out of tune is the mellotron !!)
I played my rick with a 100W Hiwatt and a bassreflex box with a 38 JBL. The link is www.mymusic.de/rikki4001
Hope you`ll enjoy it (the sound is awful)
rikki

Post by rikki »

Maybe you have to be a registered friend to listen to mymusic.. Other possibility: www.myspace.com/rikki4001 > some of my midi works (with good singers, I guess) and 4 former songs with the rick.
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Hanno, I did see Gentle Giant, in 1975 when they were touring with Rick Wakeman during the King Arthur tour, and EW&F in 1973 opening for Stevie Wonder! Yeah, those were certainly the days for fantastic music. The first time I saw Yes, in 1974, they had Gryphon opening for them, what a special band they were. I have not heard any PFM in decades, a guy I knew in college had some of their music, He was a great keyboardist, himself.
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

I'm listening to your music now. Interesting diversity.

One thing I think you should modify on your myspace site is the grey text listing the bands you are influenced by, it is hard to read against the grey background. I see a lot of bands there I also like and or have seen in concert. :D
ricardo_vicente

Post by ricardo_vicente »

rikki wrote: I tried to sell the rick and I landed in a German Forum, where everybody told me not to sell, but to play.
Good advice! Stick to selling vacuum cleaners, Mr. Vorwerk! :wink:
rikki

Post by rikki »

JPs,
maybe you can remember the special bass sound of PFM ? He is playing a quiet rare Instrument, a EKO MB21 with mother-of-pearl inlay in the body. I have the luck to have one of these babies :D . Nice Instrument with a very, very long sustain. Incredible.
By the way: thanx for the advice concerning the text on my myspace site. It was a preset design, but I changed the colour.

And I didn`t mean Earth, wind and fire (they were also a great band), but I mean Earth + Fire, a symphonic rock group from the netherlands with a mellotron. Ever heard of them ??

And ricardo (vicente ((amigo)) - one of my favourite flamenco aficionados: would you like to get a vacuum cleaner ?? (Ha-ha, that was a joke) :roll: :roll: .
How is weather on las islas canarias ?

Return to “Videos by RRF Members”