Re: Who's up for a So Cal Minicon Saturday, May 8th?

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

Danotron
Intermediate Member

Post by Danotron »

Great time!

Thanks again to Paul and Rich for planning (and pulling off) another fine Saturday afternoon event.

My first official jam playing my new (old) 4001 and my first official bass song is "Zero Hour" by the Plimsouls...............I can dig that 8) .
pehayes2

Post by pehayes2 »

On behalf of The Byrds Collective, I'd like to thank Paul and Rich for inviting us down. I got to meet so many of the people I've been reading posts from (I'm very much a lurker type). I personnaly got to meet Colin, Skip (hope you find your keys), Gary, Tom, Joey, Kenny, Melisa and Paul and others far to many to name.

You all are really a bunch of nice guys and very fine musicians and I look forward to doing this again.

I did take quite a few pictures and posted some at our site under RRF MINICON (the address is http://www.thebyrdscollective.com ) or if you prefer to bypass our self promotion :wink: you can view them at:

http://picasaweb.google.com/pehayes2/StarredPhotos02#
with all the raw photos at:
http://picasaweb.google.com/pehayes2/RRF#

If anyone would like copies for their scrapbook, let me know and I will get them to you.
BuddyDog
Intermediate Member

Post by BuddyDog »

pehayes2 wrote:On behalf of The Byrds Collective, I'd like to thank Paul and Rich for inviting us down. I got to meet so many of the people I've been reading posts from (I'm very much a lurker type). I personnaly got to meet Colin, Skip (hope you find your keys), Gary, Tom, Joey, Kenny, Melisa and Paul and others far to many to name.

You all are really a bunch of nice guys and very fine musicians and I look forward to doing this again.

I did take quite a few pictures and posted some at our site under RRF MINICON (the address is http://www.thebyrdscollective.com ) or if you prefer to bypass our self promotion :wink: you can view them at:

http://picasaweb.google.com/pehayes2/StarredPhotos02#
with all the raw photos at:
http://picasaweb.google.com/pehayes2/RRF#

If anyone would like copies for their scrapbook, let me know and I will get them to you.
Great pics, Pat!

Can I use the "cover shot" of my 360 and 360/12C63 for my new avatar?
2009 360/6 Fire-Glo 2009 360/12C63 FG 1975 4001 White/BT
Chords mangled, no waiting!
elreydlp
Intermediate Member

Post by elreydlp »

collin wrote:Yep, great Minicon, guys.....thanks!!

Paul, as usual--- serious props for setting up everything and going out of your way for everybody, it is appreciated.

Great turnout this time, and it was very cool to see new bands (SFD, ByrdsC, and Surf band) as well as meet some forumites for the first time (Colin, Skip, Melissa). :)
Collin: Thank you for being the first person to sit in and shake us out of our comfort zone! Geoff, Duff, & I last played together about 10 years ago, so we stuck to things we were comfortable with. Your NASTY (GOOD) take on "Shake and Stomp" shook it up!
elreydlp
Intermediate Member

Post by elreydlp »

Thanks also to "The Byrds Collective" for giving a "wannabe" a chance to play some of my Byrds favorites with some real pro's. Next time, we're gonna do "King of the Hill"! If I weren't away on vacation, I wouldn't miss that Coach House show. I hope everyone wh's in town shows up. I'm going to put the word out to my friends!
Skip
collin

Post by collin »

elreydlp wrote:
collin wrote:Yep, great Minicon, guys.....thanks!!

Paul, as usual--- serious props for setting up everything and going out of your way for everybody, it is appreciated.

Great turnout this time, and it was very cool to see new bands (SFD, ByrdsC, and Surf band) as well as meet some forumites for the first time (Colin, Skip, Melissa). :)
Collin: Thank you for being the first person to sit in and shake us out of our comfort zone! Geoff, Duff, & I last played together about 10 years ago, so we stuck to things we were comfortable with. Your NASTY (GOOD) take on "Shake and Stomp" shook it up!
hah!

Sure thing, Skip. I actually wasn't sure if you guys were an offical playing "band".....and of course this thought only crossed my mind after I had plugged in a guitar and joined in. :oops: :lol:

I need a reverb tank if I really want to try covering any of that stuff properly!

Sorry again about your keys, Skip. That soured the whole day, and we were scouring the building until the minute we turned off the lights at 8:30ish. I hope they turn up.

****Everyone should check their guitar cases/camera bags/etc etc and see if the keys fell in there (and pass the message along to non-forumites!).

Also, when we were clearing the place out, someone left a short blue patch cable, which I held onto. Let me know if you're missing it, anybody. :wink:
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

Danotron wrote: My first official jam playing my new (old) 4001 and my first official bass song is "Zero Hour" by the Plimsouls..........
.....I can dig that 8) .
There's not a better way to break in a newly acquired instrument than a 8) Plimsouls tune at a Mini Con !!! :D :D

And that's a very nice looking (and sounding) Bass with the Checkered Binding !!!

And Dano, all the kudos go to you for makin the effort to show up at the Mini Con, after gigs in Arizona and high tailing it back to L.A. for hours and hours and hours in a van full of equipment/amps.
You are in the Dedicated Forumites Inner Circle !!!
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

Did I miss something?? :twisted:
"Never eat more than you can lift." - Mr. Moon
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

rickenbrother wrote:Nice job on the pics, Gary!

+1 of that, Gary ! :D
windchimp
Intermediate Member

Post by windchimp »

What can I add?

Thanks to everyone for a very memorable day! It was a blast to meet so many new faces this time around along with the trusty "anchors". Kenny provided me with a chuckle - "you're going all Guitar Center on me" or something along those lines :lol: :lol: :lol:

Great shots Gary! I'll upload some of mine when I get back home next weekend (this work laptop doen't like my camera) :roll:

I'm looking forward to the next one already. :mrgreen:
"Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time"
s4001

Post by s4001 »

ozover50 wrote:Did I miss something?? :twisted:
nah, you were there. I saw you.
elreydlp
Intermediate Member

Post by elreydlp »

Collin:
I should have announced that the Surf set was open to all and not assumed that everyone knew. I'm glad you didn't wait for an invitation. I was hoping for a bunch of guitars on "Baja". At the last "Big Kahuna Surf Jam", we had 20-25 covering the two rhythm parts-also 3 bass players and two drummers, including Duff.
Go to the Surfguitar101 site and look under the "gear for sale" threads for a tank. The Boss/Fender Reverb pedal has also gotten good reviews.
That was a great looking Bandmaster! Original or re-covered?
PM me with your email address and I'll send you a couple of pics of my blonde '63 BM. I hope to re-cover my Showman in the blonde/gold combination as soon as someone starts making the gold grill again. I have enough for the head, but not the speaker.
Thanks again for kicking things off!
Skip
paologregorio

Post by paologregorio »

elreydlp wrote:Collin:
I should have announced that the Surf set was open to all and not assumed that everyone knew. I'm glad you didn't wait for an invitation. I was hoping for a bunch of guitars on "Baja". At the last "Big Kahuna Surf Jam", we had 20-25 covering the two rhythm parts-also 3 bass players and two drummers, including Duff.
Go to the Surfguitar101 site and look under the "gear for sale" threads for a tank. The Boss/Fender Reverb pedal has also gotten good reviews.
That was a great looking Bandmaster! Original or re-covered?
PM me with your email address and I'll send you a couple of pics of my blonde '63 BM. I hope to re-cover my Showman in the blonde/gold combination as soon as someone starts making the gold grill again. I have enough for the head, but not the speaker.
Thanks again for kicking things off!
Skip
Speaking of Fenders, my 40th Anniversary Black Face Twin Reissue in Cream tolex never even made it onto the stage-too funny!
GATSBY

Post by GATSBY »

Paul and Rich, My apologies for not showing up, sounds like a great time. I actually forgot about it on account of a torn meniscus in my right knee, which has basically put everything on hold.
I hope to be at the next one,
Henry
kennyhowes
Veteran RRF member

Post by kennyhowes »

windchimp wrote:Kenny provided me with a chuckle - "you're going all Guitar Center on me" or something along those lines :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yeah, there was a bit of everybody playing different things all at once! :)

Sorry I was grouchy y'all! It was a nutty weekend.

And before anyone asks, Joey fed my current 12-string bass addicition by bringing his Carlo Robelli along, so that's why I'm photographed playing a non-Ric for the first time in ages.

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”