Name not on Members List

Rules, posting instructions and the latest news.
chriscurtisfan

Name not on Members List

Post by chriscurtisfan »

I am not finding my name on the list of members section. Does it take a while to be listed there?
CCF
Dedicated to the best Drummer on Planet Earth (RIP) http://www.youtube.com/user/ChrisCurtisFan
jps
RRF Consultant

Re: Name not on Members List

Post by jps »

Welcome, Cheri! :)

I see you on the member list.
Scastles

Post by Scastles »

Welcome, Cheri.

It's there. If it weren't you wouldn't be posting right here :D
---------------------------------------------------------------
Music is too important to be left to professionals.
beatlefreak

Post by beatlefreak »

Welcome to the forum.
Ka is a wheel.
chriscurtisfan

Post by chriscurtisfan »

Thank you, all. I still don't see my name, but perhaps we don't appear on the list when looking for 'ourselves'. As long as I'm on visible and shown to be a member, that's all that's important. :D

CCF
Dedicated to the best Drummer on Planet Earth (RIP) http://www.youtube.com/user/ChrisCurtisFan
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

No, you can see your own entry in the member list when you view it. I'm guessing that what's happening is that you aren't looking far enough into the list to find your username. The confusion is probably due to the fact that the member list is not completely sorted alphabetically by username by default. This makes it fairly difficult to find a particular entry since you have to look through all of the pages for a particular letter.

But you can get it sorted by clicking on the word "USERNAME" in the column heading. To find your entry, click on "C" in the list after "Find a member", then click on "USERNAME", then click on Page "3". Your entry is the 29th from the top...

Oh, and welcome to the RRF!
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
electrofaro

Post by electrofaro »

Welcome, Cheri! I can't even find the members list :oops:
'67 Fender Coronado II CAB * '17 1963 ES-335 PB * currently rickless
chriscurtisfan

Post by chriscurtisfan »

cjj wrote:No, you can see your own entry in the member list when you view it. I'm guessing that what's happening is that you aren't looking far enough into the list to find your username. The confusion is probably due to the fact that the member list is not completely sorted alphabetically by username by default. This makes it fairly difficult to find a particular entry since you have to look through all of the pages for a particular letter.

But you can get it sorted by clicking on the word "USERNAME" in the column heading. To find your entry, click on "C" in the list after "Find a member", then click on "USERNAME", then click on Page "3". Your entry is the 29th from the top...

Oh, and welcome to the RRF!
I found ME! I'm using the OldForum Board Style, and hit the Members word on top right of screen and up came all the Users. Then I followed CJJ's instructions above, and there I am!

Does that help you, Wildberry? :)

Thanks for all the technical help! It took me so long to successfully become a Member, just needed to see my own name! :)
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

8)
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

Welcome, Cheri! :D
It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca
libratune
Veteran RRF member

Post by libratune »

chriscurtisfan wrote: It took me so long to successfully become a Member, just needed to see my own name! :)
Welcome Cheri!

I think we can all relate to your experience -- though not necessarily limited to this Forum. 8)

Return to “Rules and Questions for Admin ONLY”