1957 Combo 800 in sparkle blue?

Early years of Rickenbacker Guitars prior to and including 1972

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

scoobster28
Veteran RRF member

1957 Combo 800 in sparkle blue?

Post by scoobster28 »

Anyone else see this? It is either really strange and cool or just really messed up. I don't remember seeing fretboards angled into a "v" shape like that, nor that color. Seller seems very honest and upfront, though.

From listing: "This is an extremely rare 'one of a kind' special appointment, Rick Combo '800' that I've owned for about 20years. According to Richard Smith's 'Rick' Book only 6 or 8 Turquoise Blue Combo 800's were ever made. I was told, but cannot confirm, that this guitar was made or, at least, possibly assembled by Semi Moseley during the short time that he worked at the Rickenbacker Factory sometime in 1957. Again, I cannot confirm this and will leave the history hunting to the new owner. The special appointments which make this a 'one of a kind' guitar, compared to all other Rick Combos are the following: Zero Fret, Custome Neck Inlays, 22 Frets, Extended Pointed Fingerboard and lastly a Blue Sparkle finish. I was told by at least 3 well known guitar dealers that this is the original finish, as I am not able to tell if this is original or not. About 15 years ago, Paul Schwartz from "Peekamoose Music" in NYC did a partial refret and custom made, to exact specs, the bridge anchor assembly and the string saddles. He also hot waxed the top of the bridge anchor assembly. I will include the original saddles and assembly. All other parts and hardware are totally original to this guitar, including the original Gray Hardshell Case."

http://cgi.ebay.com/1957-Rickenbacker-C ... 53e023aac4
scotty

Re: 1957 Combo 800 in sparkle blue?

Post by scotty »

Return to “Rickenbacker Guitars: Vintage Years - Before 1973”