Tracey at home

Reports from the United Kingdom
scotty

Tracey at home

Post by scotty »

Beautiful version of Tracey `s new single `Oh, the divorces` the album called 'Love And Its Opposite' coming out in 17 May 2010. It's on partner Ben Watt's Strange Feeling Records and should be worth a purchase.
Tracey has worked and collaborated with many artist including Weller, Massive Attack, The Go-Betweens and Lloyd Cole.Voice as smooth as velvet.Anyway enjoy this recording taken from her home for the Guardian Interview.
Attachments
Thorn_opposite.jpg
admin
Site Admin

Re: Tracey at home

Post by admin »

Very nice, Scotty. Thanks for this gem. A marvellous example of less is more. I especially love the effective way in which she uses her voice in the upper register on this number.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
longhouse
Advanced Member

Re: Tracey at home

Post by longhouse »

scotty wrote:Tracey has worked and collaborated with many artist including Weller, Massive Attack, The Go-Betweens and Lloyd Cole.Voice as smooth as velvet.
Quite a pedigree, those associations alone. She also had international acclaim/fame with Everything But The Girl (for those of you new to TT).

Thanks for posting this, Scotty. I wondered if she was still making music.

Add 'Oh, The Divorces' to the Go-Betweens 'He Lives My Life' and Daryl Hall's 'Someone Else's Kids' as one of the most poignant divorce/breakup songs (other songs spring to mind but I don't want to stray too far from the subject of Tracey Thorn).

Return to “United Kingdom Chapter”