Area Code 615

Reverberations from Duane Eddy and beyond
elreydlp
Intermediate Member

Area Code 615

Post by elreydlp »

A friend introduced me to them in the mid-60's. They were the cream of the Nashville (Area Code 615) Studio players. I had both of the albums they released: their eponymous first album and "A Trip In the Country". If you can find them, grab them, You WILL be impressed.
Harp player Charlie McCoy was the gold standard fro many years. Norbert Putnam (Bass) went on to play with and produce Jimmy Buffett's early output. The Oly white Jazzmaster Wayne Moss is playing is the very one he played on the "Pretty Woman" riff for Roy Orbison. If you find either or both albums in any format, GRAB 'EM!

God Bless Johnny Cash!

Here's banjo player Bobby Thompson rippin' on a tune normally associated with guitar.

AND-Country Soul: Fiddle player Buddy Spicher and Harp player Charlie McCoy channel Otis>

nick_allen
Veteran RRF member

Re: Area Code 615

Post by nick_allen »

Had the first album ever since it came out. The two are now available on one CD.
The first album is still my favourite - absolute classic. One of the tracks off the second album will be known to all in the UK as the theme tune for "The Old Grey Whistle Test"

Return to “Instrumental As Anything: by Admin”