The Cars

Discussing 60s and 70s Garage Band Music
elreydlp
Intermediate Member

The Cars

Post by elreydlp »

Not the group-groups named after CARS.

I played in 3: The Galaxies, The Catalinas, and The Skylarks (although OUR Skylarks were named after my Gibson amp). Other bands in the area were: The Malibus, The Lancers, and The Rivieras (who pre-dated the "WarmCalifornia Sun" group).
kenposurf
RRF Consultant

Re: The Cars

Post by kenposurf »

I'm sure there's a few lists on the net..likely 100's of groups.
Tons of 50's/60's vocal groups (Impalas/Eldorados/Cadilacs...
1960's surf/rod bands: Ronnie and The Daytonas, GTO's....
elreydlp
Intermediate Member

Post by elreydlp »

I forgot "The Jaguars", and I know they weren't named for the Fender guitar, because they were a "Gibson" band and played matching Cherry SG's-even the bass player. They also had those funky mid-60's "trapezoid" Gibson piggyback amps.
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

Skip -- ya wanna do a few The Car's tunes at our Jam tomorrow ?? :D
elreydlp
Intermediate Member

Post by elreydlp »

Sure! It's been a long time, but I'm sure I can muddle through.
vynesmusic

Post by vynesmusic »

elreydlp wrote:I forgot "The Jaguars", and I know they weren't named for the Fender guitar, because they were a "Gibson" band and played matching Cherry SG's-even the bass player. They also had those funky mid-60's "trapezoid" Gibson piggyback amps.
Here it is...the MEGA AMP of 1966.......a TRAPAZIOD ERECTUS if there ever was one.... 8)
Attachments
GOLDNER'SAMP.jpg
"All these things will be lost in time....like....tears....in rain...."----Roy Batty, Bladerunner
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

A guy I knew in high school had one of those he ran his Thunderbird IV and EB-3L slot head through.
vynesmusic

Post by vynesmusic »

elreydlp wrote:Not the group-groups named after CARS.

I played in 3: The Galaxies, The Catalinas, and The Skylarks (although OUR Skylarks were named after my Gibson amp). Other bands in the area were: The Malibus, The Lancers, and The Rivieras (who pre-dated the "WarmCalifornia Sun" group).
At least those were real cars....can you imagine a group called The SmartCars?.....the Geos.......the CUBES? The TAHOES????? :oops: .....Actually, in this day one COULD imagine a band with those names :roll:
"All these things will be lost in time....like....tears....in rain...."----Roy Batty, Bladerunner

Return to “2 Car Garage: by Admin”