BRITISH TWANG

Reverberations from Duane Eddy and beyond
royclough
RRF Consultant

BRITISH TWANG

Post by royclough »

These guys were great released a number of singles and one album and also appeared in a film called Some People.

Regretfully did not make a breakthrough.

Forgive my indulgence but here's an amusing story.

About 15 years ago I was staying at a small hotel in Bristol having visited HO, went back to hotel after work and went for a quick drink, there was just me and owner in bar, we got talking about music and I mentioned that I used to like a lot a band from around Bristol area that he had probably never heard of, The Eagles, not only had he heard of them he was brother in law to one of them.

He rang him and the guy came down to meet me, we spent a good night talking about their releases etc.

He told me that reason they called it a day was they arrived back in London after playing support to Dionne Warwick at the Paris Olympia and released they could just about afford the train fare back to Bristol.

He had some good tales that all you musician's can relate to no doubt, tales of being ripped off by managers etc. He told of one incident where they played a gig after starting to get a bit of a high profile with the film and the guy who owned the venue offered to pay them, "No you don't have to pay us pay our Manager", guy insisted and said seeing you're here I'll pay you now.

He gave them ten times what their Manager had told them they would be getting

That's Rock 'N 'Roll

Play it loud!

duke

Re: BRITISH TWANG

Post by duke »

That's a great story, Roy! And a cool tune!
royclough wrote:He gave them ten times what their Manager had told them they would be getting
Wow! I would've liked to have been a fly on the wall and heard what they said to their manager! :D
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Nice story, Roy. I am betting, based on appearance, that the guitarists were brothers.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
royclough
RRF Consultant

Post by royclough »

Perfect reasoning Peter but they weren't actually memebers were

Terry Clarke - lead
Johnny Payne -Rhythm
Michael Brice - Bass
Rod Meacham - Drums

Johnny Payne was guy I met.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks for the research Roy. If you recall any other stories from your meeting it would be nice to hear them.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
kenposurf
RRF Consultant

Post by kenposurf »

Great story and music..Thanks Roy !!!!! :D :D :D :D

Return to “Instrumental As Anything: by Admin”