"Mad Men" Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!

Entertainment

Moderators: ajish4, cjj

octagon

"Mad Men" Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!

Post by octagon »

So,last week Don Draper scored a pair of tickets to see The Beatles at Shea Stadium. What next? Is Don going to start letting his hair down? Will he Turn On, Tune In, Drop Out? Will he start wearing Nehru jackets?

paologregorio

Re: "Mad Men" Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!

Post by paologregorio »

Nah. Even up through the 1970s, professional people still wore a collared shirt and tie quite a bit, and a lot of everyday folks even wore one the ball park. If you've ever seen "On Any Sunday," which is from the early 70s, one of the main characters is a professional motorcycle racer, and as he's going about his off-track daily rounds, he's wearing a white shirt and tie.
octagon

Post by octagon »

paologregorio wrote:Nah. Even up through the 1970s, professional people still wore a collared shirt and tie quite a bit, and a lot of everyday folks even wore one the ball park. If you've ever seen "On Any Sunday," which is from the early 70s, one of the main characters is a professional motorcycle racer, and as he's going about his off-track daily rounds, he's wearing a white shirt and tie.
Haha,I was only kidding. My "Prep" School still had a strict dress code up until 1969. That was the 1st time I could let my hair grow "over the collar" without getting expelled.

My photo circa 1969 taken Ali McGraw

lennon211
Intermediate Member

Post by lennon211 »

My wife and I never miss an episode and this week when that happened, we both started laughing because of the joy that was part of that scene where he tells his daughter that they were going. An episode or two before, they had the Stones' "Satisfaction" in a scene.
Sarcasm just doesn't come through when you're typing...
paologregorio

Post by paologregorio »

This show is amazing. It's my favorite current series drama on TV. To show how immersed I am in this forum, as soon as I heard "Beatles tickets" in the episode, I thought of everyone here at the forum. :lol:

Does anyone know who played the instrumental version of "Do You Want to Know a Secret" featured at the end of the episode?
lennon211
Intermediate Member

Post by lennon211 »

paologregorio wrote:This show is amazing. It's my favorite current series drama on TV. To show how immersed I am in this forum, as soon as I heard "Beatles tickets" in the episode, I thought of everyone here at the forum. :lol:

Does anyone know who played the instrumental version of "Do You Want to Know a Secret" featured at the end of the episode?
I believe that it's Santo & Johnny.
octagon

Post by octagon »

Congrats to Don and Megan!

Last edited by octagon on Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
lennon211
Intermediate Member

Post by lennon211 »

It should be quite an interesting season when it rolls around again. Thankfully they are starting its time slot replacement in two weeks: The Walking Dead.

Return to “On Stage”