Who are the cool up and coming London rock bands?

Entertainment

Moderators: ajish4, cjj

marc61

Who are the cool up and coming London rock bands?

Post by marc61 »

I have two friends visiting London in early March. They're going specifically to see a performance at the Oliver National Theatre but are going a week early to hang out. Where are the cool pubs to see the up and coming rock bands? or who are the up and coming groups? They're both huge Flaming Lips fans but, their musical tastes are broad, so if it's quality, they will enjoy

Any leads appreciated
ajish4
RRF Moderator

Re: Who are the cool up and coming London rock bands?

Post by ajish4 »

Well Marc, I don't know for sure if these guys are from London or if they are up and coming... but my son tells me they are from the UK proper, but no more information than that. I haven't had a chance to research them.

BUT, the band "Mumford and Sons" is the first band in a L O N G time than I REALLY like. I'd link the Youtube video, but because of language, I can't.

Just search Mumford and Sons song "Little Lion Man". VERY unique and addicting sound...listen to it more than once, I PROMISE it will become addicting. I've listened to it over and over....I think these guys REALLY have 'it".

Let me know your thoughts!

PS....there's a Johnny B look alike in this band! 8) 8) 8) 8)
scotty

Post by scotty »

These guys are cool and up and coming and well i like em.

MARINA AND THE DIAMONDS

marc61

Post by marc61 »

Mumford and Sons I know of. Marina and the Diamonds are really good too. Those are both touring bands though. Unlikely they would be playing a London pub in March.. :( but hey, ya never know! :D
1a12

Post by 1a12 »

Hey Marc, these chaps are my good pals, and they've been up and coming since 95' :lol:
The lovely bloke who is the current bassist David Preston plays a late 70's FG 4001. They don't play that often, but maybe one can get lucky :?:
I always scratch my head wondering why they have not conquered their own city and even country... :?
This video is the first incarnation.

77jordan

Post by 77jordan »

are gallows from london?

Return to “On Stage”