4001CS in NoVA music store

The genius of Chris Squire
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

4001CS in NoVA music store

Post by jdogric12 »

I rarely check this forum, but just noticed a thread on a 4001 CS sighting and it reminded me there is a Squier, I mean, Squire, at Action Music in Falls Church, Virginia. Matt there is great to deal with, as are Robinson and the rest of the crew. I can go play it for you if you are seriously interested. It's not that far from me, and if the next few days go as planned, I'll be driving right by there five days a week real soon! 8)
just_bassics
Intermediate Member

Re: 4001CS in NoVA music store

Post by just_bassics »

I guess everybody's tapped out this time of year!

I bought a guitar at Action Music three years ago and couldn't have been happier with the place. Nice vintage selection in the back room.
johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Post by johnallg »

Fingers are crossed for ya Jason!
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

Thanks John! Today's installment went well! With a little luck I'll get a very good phone call tomorrow... or else have to wait until next Tuesday to hear about it...
bosco64
Veteran RRF member

Post by bosco64 »

Damn, just noticed this thread. 8) The 4001CS that Jason is talking about used to be mine. Not to make a big deal out of it, but a few months ago a couple of things came up that needed my attention, so I decided to sell one of my beloved basses. Here's a couple of pictures of it when I first got it:
4001CS.jpg
4001CS_Headstock.jpg
A few things to consider: it was built in 1992, and it's number 430 in the series run. When I bought it on eBay in 2002, the previous owner did not have the original certificate; only a color copy of the original certificate. The production number was verified by Kenny when I e-mailed him the serial number several years ago. As with the case with some of the early CS basses, the finish has some discoloration splotches on the upper horn, and it looks like someone tried to do some paint touch-up around the horseshoe surround. The back of the neck also has some finish checking as well. Cosmetic issues aside, it is a great playing bass; the neck is nice and thin and it sounds fantastic. I took great care of it for the eight years I had the bass and I would have offered it up for sale here first, but unfortunately circumstances dictated otherwise...

I'm sure Matt has it priced fairly reasonably, and whoever buys this bass will be a very happy camper...
"Keep smiling, keep your mouth shut, and nobody gets hurt!" :mrgreen:
Don't bust Mike's chops...
'05 4003 BBR; '99 4001V63 FG; '96 4003S Trans Blue (custom refin from Paul W.)
johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Post by johnallg »

Thanks a lot, Ron.... I think....

:( :)
just_bassics
Intermediate Member

Post by just_bassics »

I saw this bass on Tuesday when I stopped in, needs a setup but still felt good. Priced at around $3600.00 if I recall correctly...

They had a sweet Guild B302 FL as well!
Fretjob

Post by Fretjob »

I've got his little brother, number 431, picks are in the register. :D

Return to “Chris Squire and Yes Forum”