Rickenbacker 660/6 owners please reply

Modern years of Rickenbacker Guitars from 1984 to the present

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

admin
Site Admin

Re: Rickenbacker 660/6 owners please reply

Post by admin »

iiipopes wrote:
admin wrote:I agree that the tension would be the same for 21 and 24 fretted instruments if the scale length is the same for both.
This ^ There are many other factors that determine the playability of a neck: string brand, model and gauge; neck relief; overall setup with the bridge and tailpiece; height of nut slots; etc. But for any given string, the raw tension is determined by the scale length, which for most Rickenbacker instruments (not counting the 320, 325 and other short scale variants) is 24 3/4 inches.
Scott that just about covers it. :)
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
andyenobs

Re: Rickenbacker 660/6 owners please reply

Post by andyenobs »

I can only tell people how it felton the 330/6 and the 660 felt a lot easier to string bend etc. Referring back to the original question I bought the 660/6 2011 first on ebay at what I thought was a very good price and more or less mint. It was obvious the guitar had never been set up properly so I took it to a top tech and had it checked over and set up with new strings. Its as smooth as silk and I will never sell it. To start with the neck width felt odd when strumming or flat picking but that feeling disappeared in less than a week. So then I started looking for a 660/12 which I managed to buy new on the internet and its everything I wanted and so easy to play. As I have had a 330/6 and now sold for me personally I think the 600s are the best of the lot and quite scarce in the UK but I do like small bodied guitars. And you can play anything on a Rick NOT just jingle jangle as so many think.

Return to “Rickenbacker Guitars: Modern Years - After 1983”