Melbourne meets Munchen

Reports from Australia
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Melbourne meets Munchen

Post by ozover50 »

It was lovely to catch up with fellow forumite Alex Pittwohn and family a couple of nights ago. Alex and his wife are from Munich and are currently touring Australia and New Zealand.

We had a nice meal followed by a visit to a local tavern where Greg Rahilly was able to meet us.

Sorry about the lousy band, Alex but it was great to spend time with you and talk about all things Rickenbacker, bands and music in general.

Hope I didn't ply you with too much of the local brew!! :roll:

Alex 002_2.jpg
Hopefully I'll catch up with Alex mid year on his home turf.
"Never eat more than you can lift." - Mr. Moon
scotty

Re: Melbourne meets Munchen

Post by scotty »

Glad you all had a great time.
longboard_ric
Intermediate Member

Post by longboard_ric »

Hi Alex!!!!

Looks like you had a great time.

Sorry I couldn't be there but work got in the way.

Enjoy the rest of your holiday in Australia.
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

That's what makes this forum so special IMO. The global friendships that are formed. :D
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
antipodean

Post by antipodean »

Great to hear a great time was had by all. Best wishes for the remainder of your trip Alex! :D

....and kudos to Aitch for organising the outing! :D
"I don't want to sound incredulous but I can't believe it" Rex Mossop
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

scotty wrote:Glad you all had a great time.
+1

Every time "München" was mentioned in German class back in college, one of us wise guys would start in with a helium-voiced "Follow the yellow brick road..." ... :roll: :lol:

I just noticed that this was post # 8888 for me ... :shock: :lol:
post8888.jpg
It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

winston wrote:That's what makes this forum so special IMO. The global friendships that are formed. :D
+1! 8)
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

Absolutely! This forum makes me feel that I could travel to many places in the world and find a few friends to meet up with and have a good time... Even though I've never met them in person.
8) 8) 8)

Sounds/looks like everyone had a great time too!
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
gregga41
RRF Consultant

Post by gregga41 »

Thanks Aitch, for organising and entertaining Alex during his Melbourne visit.
I thoroughly enjoyed chatting,(and drinking) with Alex, albeit 3 hours was not enough.
The photo courtesy of Howard,featuring Alex and myself, shows us both in our RIC t-shirts, that Alex specifically wore for that night.
Luv this Forum!
Well guys, that's enough from me, my deckchair in the sun is calling me back to my seaside vacation!(Someone has to do it!!!) :D :D
xpitt
Intermediate Member

Post by xpitt »

Back Home since last Saturday ! Sorry for not answering earlier but Australia is a big country and internet isn't provided in all regions ! ..and - hey - isn't it great in holidays not to have to check emails and all that internet stuff every day ?
My first heartedly thanks go to Howard for making this meeting possible, yeah, we had a great night with Howard and Gregg - that was very special for me ! But let me say that we were in general overwhelmed by the hospiltality and friendlyness of your australian fellow countrymen - thank you Australia ! We really had a great time on the Sapphire Coast (Wonboyn/ Eden), in Tasmania (Freicinet Peninsula), Hobart (..with all that Yachts coming in from the Sydney - Hobart race) , Melbourne (what a city !), driving the Great Ocean Road, living with the Koalas at Cape Ortway Park, and Sydney...and and...
We met Geoffrey and Leslie from Geelong, who took us out for a boat trip to lovely and lonely Wonboyn beach and showed us some more nice places and made caravan park bookings for us, and we met Brian from Beechworth who just lent us his car for a day - how cool is that ? And that little story from Cape Ortway Caravan Park : when checking in we realized that they had no license and I whispered whith a smile to a nice guy standing beside me: nice place but no beer ! After half an hour he came to our site with four icecold bottles of beer and said : next time YOU meet thirsty people just give 'em some beers to close that circle :) :)
And there is also that marvellous and upright standing Anna Bligh, prime of QLD, who gives her fellow queenslanders the will and the power, not to give up in this desastrous flood catastrophe - "...that may break our hearts but not our will.." what a woman !
If anybody of you guys has an idea how to raise a helping fund here - let us all know. Let me say that I really wish all the best for you all down under to come over this nightmare !
Thanks Australia and stay safe !
Alex
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

Hi Alex.

Pleased to hear that you arrived home safe and sound.

Sorry that our time together was so short but it was still great to meet you and share a meal and a few(?) beers.

I'm in the process of arranging travel plans for my July/August trip so be warned.... I will DEFINITELY be dropping into Munich for a weekend on my way to London!!!

Cheers,

Howard
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

Hmm.......

Somehow this pic disappeared.
Alex 004_1.jpg
xpitt
Intermediate Member

Post by xpitt »

Good news, Howard !
Let me know as soon as possible so I can arrange a few things ! A visit in one of our Munich beergardens and a BBQ at my home are on the schedule already as well as a little jam with the boys of the band and whatever you are keen upon to see :-)
Looking forward to seing you here in Bavaria !
Cheers
Alex

Return to “Australian Chapter: by Greg Rahilly”