Interstate freight in Oz

Reports from Australia
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Interstate freight in Oz

Post by ozover50 »

Hi Aussie members.

Finding a decent yet inexpensive freight mob for interstate shipments has always been a pain for me. Until today the only decent one I found where you didn't have to have a corporate account or buy multiple prepaid shipments was Greyhound but you have to pay extra for door to door delivery.

After much hunting I found a couple that are incredibly inexpensive and ship door to door with full insurance. I needed to ship a guitar from Melbourne to Sydney today and used Transdirect (http://www.transdirect.com.au).... brilliant!!

All done on line... you enter the origin and destination postcodes, the weight and dimensions and voila.... instant quote! Fill in the online form, pay via paypal or credit card and you receive a consignment note pdf document via email that you slap on the carton. Same day pickup, too!

Melbourne to Sydney with insurance.... $27.80!! The actual freight company was Allied Express - 1 to 2 days to Sydney.

There's another mob (e-go.com.au) who quoted $17.16 (yes..... $17.16!!!) but they couldn't pickup today.

Pack 'n Send wanted $130 bucks...... sheesh!!! :roll: :roll:
"Never eat more than you can lift." - Mr. Moon
jps
RRF Consultant

Re: Interstate freight in Oz

Post by jps »

Find me one that can send a bass from Cleveland to Hong Kong, please! :mrgreen:
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

Well done Aitch. What a great find.
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
antipodean

Post by antipodean »

Thanks Aitch - that's logged into my shipping handbook!
"I don't want to sound incredulous but I can't believe it" Rex Mossop
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

jps wrote:Find me one that can send a bass from Cleveland to Hong Kong, please! :mrgreen:
Yep.... found one!!

It's called 'JPSexpress'.............. :roll: :roll:
"Never eat more than you can lift." - Mr. Moon
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

ozover50 wrote:
jps wrote:Find me one that can send a bass from Cleveland to Hong Kong, please! :mrgreen:
Yep.... found one!!

It's called 'JPSexpress'.............. :roll: :roll:
No, no, no. You've got it all wrong. It's a place based in Montana, CJExpress. Send 'em there and all will be right with the world. Great rates, guaranteed delivery (barring any unforeseen circumstances (what could possibly go wrong??? :shock: :lol: )). Oh, they don't deal in Jetglo, unless it's a 4005WB...
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

It would be a certain wildly figured walnut ZON. :mrgreen: :twisted:

Now, if you decide to buy it yourself that would save a whole lot of trouble getting it to Lantau Island! :wink:
gregga41
RRF Consultant

Post by gregga41 »

Aitch, sorry i'm late to this thread, been on holidays you know! :D
PackNsend can 'shove it'!
I use Interparcel.com.au, and generally ,guitars interstate, next day delivery at around $30.(FNQ and WA a tad extra) Pick up from your door and deliver to their door. (Usually via TNT).
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

gregga41 wrote:I use Interparcel.com.au, and generally ,guitars interstate, next day delivery at around $30.(FNQ and WA a tad extra) Pick up from your door and deliver to their door. (Usually via TNT).
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

I just wanna know how they aim the trajectory so precisely...
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...

Return to “Australian Chapter: by Greg Rahilly”