The Rickenbacker Forum

Rules, posting instructions and the latest news.
admin
Site Admin

The Rickenbacker Forum

Post by admin »

This new Rickenbacker Forum was added to the Rickenbacker Registration Page following requests made by visitors who were unable to view alt.guitar.rickenbacker via their Internet Service Provider and have grown weary of registering with other services. So now when you stop by the Rickenbacker Registration Page you can leave a question or respond to one posed by another visitor. The current forum replaces the previous forum and adds many new features that will improve the organization of posts for all. Should you not see a TOPIC that is appropriate for your comments please let Peter McCormack know and one will be added accordingly. Thanks.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Mark Arnquist has agreed to be the "Luthier in Residence" for the Rickenbacker Forum. Mark has had first hand experience with Rickenbacker guitars and basses, first while employed by RIC and subsequently as a Professional Luthier. Welcome aboard Mark and Thanks! You may post your qeustions with regard to the technical aspects of your instrument under the Ask A Rickenbacker Luthier heading on the main TOPICS page.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Sorry for the delay in posting the latest Rickenbacker Registrations. An update is expected in early November 2000.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The "Research Team" at the Rickenbacker Registration Page is currently counting all of the latest registrations and just to make sure that the findings are as accurate as possible a hand count will be conducted. This, of course, will result in a delay of a week or two but eventually there will be more than 200 new registrations. It is expected that all of these registrations will count toward the final total. Any suggestions in how this should be handled?

JET_GLOW

Post by JET_GLOW »

Sorry, I had to say it anyway.........
Ask the Florida Ballet counters. They will be out of work in a few days and they have lots of experience.. ha ha ha
markthemd
Veteran RRF member

Post by markthemd »

By the way ...I don't want to come off as the know it all for the Rickenbacker corp.and it's history....I will admit freely that there is a lot of info that I do not know .
But I will say that I have a vast amount of experience at the bench ,on the concert stage ,in the manufacturing business as well as listening to 25 plus years of customers.

So if I ruffle some feathers from time to time ,I'm sorry.
however I do feel that I have a valid point and it is not without reason.
I have had the priviledge to work on almost every model that USa makers have made since WWII and many from before that time.
It has been a great experience looking at the many ways to do things and to see what does work and what is a poor idea .Plus once you know some of the why's as to the making of it ,you can get a better understanding of these instruments and maybe a better look at where the industry might go.

Mark Arnquist
So you too want yours "ALAPWOB"?!?!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Merry Christmas 2000
Thanks to all who have contributed to The Rickenbacker Forum since July 2000. I wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. I hope you find something interesting under your tree.
ImageImage

Ebin_Parker

Post by Ebin_Parker »

I have a 1967 360/12. Someone replaced the neck pickup. The pole pieces extend below the pickup (like on a bridge pickup). Because of this, when the replacemnet pickup was put on it was set back from the neck by about 3 inches.

This drives me nuts.

I want to fill in the channel under the pickup and replace it with a "flush toaster top" neck pickup.

Does rickenbacker make one now, flush bottom? Someone out bid me for one on Ebay a few days ago. It sold for 227.00!

Can anyone help me?

Ebin
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Ebin-

I believe it's possible to trim off the excess pole and turn the longer ones into shorter ones. Some of the older Rics had shorter pole piece pickups in the neck position to allow for the neck block running through.

I'm sure you could get a good guitar tech to do it for you.
fred

Post by fred »

They will be offered for sale at some point in the future by Rickenbacker as they are a new part featured on the 325C58 guitar.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The Rickenbacker Forum has been down today, for maintenance, but is now back online. Sorry for the inconvenience.

jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Re: The Rickenbacker Forum

Post by jdogric12 »

BUMP! I believe I found the FIRST thread EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! on RRF that is. What do I win? :lol:
electrofaro

Post by electrofaro »

jdogric12 wrote:BUMP! What do I win? :lol:
:lol: You just lost time...
'67 Fender Coronado II CAB * '17 1963 ES-335 PB * currently rickless
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

jdogric12 wrote:BUMP! I believe I found the FIRST thread EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! on RRF that is. What do I win? :lol:
Shana is letting you have some free time, I see. :mrgreen:

Return to “Rules and Questions for Admin ONLY”