New Guy seeking a 325

The short-scale model that changed history

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

Darkhorse

New Guy seeking a 325

Post by Darkhorse »

Hello everyone , just wanted to introduce myself to the forum. I've been playing guitar for 20+ years. While I mainly play all the Harrison parts when we play ( just a few friends in a garage ) I'm looking to get a 325. I've always wanted a 325 , just can't make my mind up on which one. I have two other Rics. I have 360/12v64 and a 360 six string , among other Beatle related guitars. Anyway , justed wanted to say high and hope to make some new friends :)
clementc3

Re: New Guy seeking a 325

Post by clementc3 »

Welcome, Darkhorse!

Another forum member had the same question about which 325 a few months ago and there was a lot of useful input from other members in these discussions:

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=398614

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=398826

Check them out if you haven't already read them.
Darkhorse

Post by Darkhorse »

Thankyou for the warm welcome!

I can't make up my mind on mapleglo , jetglo with gold pickguard , or the miami model. Since I like the Cavern era the most , the mapleglo one is the one I'm leaning towards right now. Then I see the Shea Stadium concert with DB122 and the Python strap , and I want that model. One thing I'm certain of... If I'm going to spend the money , I better be 100% sure thats the one I really want. I'm a patient person , I'm not going to rush in and buy one because it's a good deal. I'm going to get the one I want :)
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

Welcome to the Forum :D

Your real name ought to be listed in your profile ..... ?
Darkhorse

Post by Darkhorse »

8mileshigher wrote:

Your real name ought to be listed in your profile ..... ?
Due to my career in law-enforcement , I like to keep certain things private... Until I make some friends. I hope you understand :wink:
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

Your real name is required to participate here. I just sent you a PM to that effect.
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
Darkhorse

Post by Darkhorse »

Revoke my membership then , no hard feelings :)
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

The Rule that applies is as follows:

1. Registration is required to post and registrants are required to identify their true
name on registration and include an active email address. Members should understand that
there username and real name will be viewed next to their posts by those members who are
signed in to the RickResource Forum.

I am not sure why you would have a problem with this rule. Only members can see who you are.
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
Somerset

Post by Somerset »

I certainly understand the rule. However, here is a scenario - I have a collection of vintage guitars, and I create a site on the web, lots of pictures of rare models etc. I choose not to say who I am, only that I'm in England, and can be contacted at admin@crazyrareguitars.com. In order to make sure that the site reaches the right audience, I advertise its existence on various fora under my nom-de-plume - many people use the same one on different boards. The last thing I want to do is reveal who I actually am. Anyone can look up an electoral register and with a little ingenuity work out where I live. Burglars' paradise. If board X gives both my real name and nom-de-plume, my cover is blown.
No moderator can be expected to vouch for the moral probity of every member on his or her board. And if I'm a thief of vintage guitars, clearly I want to join as many sites as poss. to see what I can glean.

Perhaps all this seems over-cautious. But "Country Life" magazine, a few years ago, began finding that owners of valuable collections of paintings and so on, were reluctant to have objects featured - many refused point blank (when in the past they might have consented), others agreed only on the condition that personal details were kept secret.

I changed it to Nigella Lawson yesterday, but it's now back almost to how it should be. I don't mind being known as Nichola - should obviously be Nicholas. But I would quite like the choice not to have it appear.
8mileshigh

Post by 8mileshigh »

I thought you could have been Nigella........a friend of mine sold her a Rickenbacker bass last year.......I am SO gullible :oops:

Return to “Rickenbacker Vintage 325 Models: by Glen Lambert”