Live show in Sydney (featuring Rickenbacker prominently)

Reports from Australia
tamere

Live show in Sydney (featuring Rickenbacker prominently)

Post by tamere »

Hi all,

just thought I'd let you know all you Sydney Rick enthusiasts I'll be playing a special one off solo show at the White Revolver in Bondi Sydney next week Saturday 19th of March 8pm. This will be special because I will be playing solo, and instead of using acoustic, I will be using my lefty Gretsch White Falcon and Rickenbacker 360/12 for the night as I have been able to borrow an amazing Bogner amp for the night.

I feature the 360/12 extensively, the guitar coupled with the Bogner clean sound and Strymon delay and echo effects allow me to create nice atmospheric soundscapes to put my voice and just my voice on top...hoping I can get some recordings going to give you an idea. it's quite unlike anything really, the only time I've seen someone use the Rick 12 in a voice + guitar only setting was Jeff Buckley during intros of his live songs...I would love to hear more music featuring the Rick 12 as a vocal support instrument, so if you know of any other artists that use it in a solo setting let me know!

You can check some details on my blog: http://john-blaze.blogspot.com
gellkeller
Intermediate Member

Re: Live show in Sydney (featuring Rickenbacker prominently)

Post by gellkeller »

I'll see if I can make it. It sounds like a great night

Return to “Australian Chapter: by Greg Rahilly”