Re: Canada Post

Post by jps »

Nice Orange, too! 8)
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

jps wrote:Nice Orange, too! 8)
I had to look twice at that amp it looks a lot like my Roland 60 bass amp. :mrgreen:
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
iamltjbukem

Post by iamltjbukem »

Thanks! The Orange is a little solid state one....not the greatest with the Ricky but I had a 58' Les Paul before this that rocked with it! I am moving this summer to the UK so I will grab a VOX over there.....

This V59 is great! Very versatile! Love it!!!!
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

Try the AC30VR Jeff. It is the best of two worlds at less than half the cost of an AC30. I just love mine.
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
steversaurus

Post by steversaurus »

nice!

any customs/duty dings?
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Post by kiramdear »

All's well that ends with a new-to-you v59. :lol:

Looks just like my own. With the hot toasters it is very capable with modern rock sounds. I use size .012 round wound strings on mine, nothing smaller. I'd be OK with .013s too, but the setup is perfect and I'm too lazy to tweak it :lol:- maybe next time. I have used flat wounds too, but the rounds' bite is generally more useful than the flat wounds' plunk, YMMV. Anyway, congratulations on a very special guitar. :)
All I wanna do is rock!
iamltjbukem

Post by iamltjbukem »

Thanks for the compliments! I have 11's on it right now because that is all the local music store had.....so this weekend will get some 12's and 13's to try. Also I ordered a Bowtie bridge and am waiting for that before changing them again. Duty cost me $307.00 CDN........not a biggie really........drag yes but not losing sleep over it! This is the second one I have seen since I owned a black one back in 1991 so I wasn't going to freak out over a few hundred....

Do love it though but I think the strings could go the one up in the gauge department to keep it in tune a tiny bit better.....
steversaurus

Post by steversaurus »

3 bills for duty. What percent of the cost is that? Man it always makes me weary buying this cross border. Imagine the added duty/customs if it had not been made in the US!
iamltjbukem

Post by iamltjbukem »

It cost me with shipping about 2500 CDN....so whatever the math is for that!?!?!?!? I really wanted it so it doesn't matter the cost! Just that someone else didn't buy it first!!!!!! LOL
bitzerguy
RRF Consultant

Post by bitzerguy »

Basically you were charged the HST at 12%. Doesn't look like any duty or clearance charged. You have to pay the sales tax, new or used when cross border shopping. No big deal.
THis was actually a pretty good customs deal. If it had been UPS you would have paid another $75-100 just to "clear" the guitar, plus the HST of $307.

I wouldn't complain either, for a rare beauty such as this (rare at least in Canada). Good job via Canada Post and USPS.
...Dean
Never, ever drool on your surf shirt. It wrecks the solo.

660/12FG, 350V63/6FG, 620/6JG, 360WB/6DBG, Dingwall C1 #001, Prestige Heritage Elite FM
iamltjbukem

Post by iamltjbukem »

Thanks for the compliment!

Yea I just love it! Sounds great! Plays great! Is Great!
steversaurus

Post by steversaurus »

Thats not too bad at all. Glad another Rick is coming up North and not the other way around!
iamltjbukem

Post by iamltjbukem »

For awhile anyways....moving to the UK in August........
treewalker

Post by treewalker »

Canada post has a 50/50 on whether or not you may or may not get charged for something when it comes in from out of the country, UPS, FedEx, ex will nail you every time.

Return to “Canadian Chapter: by Dean Steglia”