Reverberations from Duane Eddy and beyond
kenposurf
RRF Consultant

Greetings, Surflings/North of Malibu Cd Is Here

Post by kenposurf »

Blurb:
The New Album is OUT NOW!
North of Malibu ~ Greetings, Surflings!

After a long 2010, the new band CD is here! North of Malibu ~ Greetings, Surflings! marks the band’s full-on entrance into a new era of power-surf-instro-thunder-rock. Led by Proton, on Reverb-Drenched Guitars (played through Gomez amplifiers and reverbs), backed by powerhouse drummer Eddie Reuter on the skins and with Route 44 Studio Producer/Guitarist; Harry Gale on Matchless-infused crunch rhythms and Dann Walters’ “God of SVT Thunder Bass” styling’s, this album is sure to become a favorite amongst Third-Wavers & Surf Puritans alike. With a special guest appearance from “Memphis” Charlie Musselwhite, there are lots of left turns & new takes on old surf staples, as well as a healthy serving of original material.
Check it out for yourself today!

RRF members price: $12.99 shipped USA....$15.99 shipped worldwide
cjj
RRF Moderator

Re: Greetings, Surflings/North of Malibu Cd Is Here

Post by cjj »

Just got my copy yesterday, just finished listening to it. This is a great album! If you like surf music, you're gonna like this one! Makes me wish I still lived in Santa Rosa and could see you guys live!
8) 8) 8)
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
kenposurf
RRF Consultant

Post by kenposurf »

Thanl a lot CJ! This one took a long time in the pot so glad to have it out there. The song Backwash has been picked up by several broakcast radio stations and has been placed in 2 films...I still have my day job though..hah
kenposurf
RRF Consultant

Post by kenposurf »

12 Preview Tracks now on Reverb Nation!
http://www.reverbnation.com/northofmalibu
duke

Post by duke »

cjj wrote:Just got my copy yesterday, just finished listening to it. This is a great album! If you like surf music, you're gonna like this one! Makes me wish I still lived in Santa Rosa and could see you guys live!
8) 8) 8)
What cjj said! You and the band did yourselves proud with this one, George! Outstanding CD!
analogpackrat

Post by analogpackrat »

Got mine last week. Good stuff! Well played and well recorded. It made one of my commutes to work more than tolerable (which is saying a lot :D ).
If it is to be, it is up to me.
kenposurf
RRF Consultant

Post by kenposurf »

Plug:
The new North of Malibu CD "Greetings, Surflings" released recently is selling well at CD Baby and from Ted at Deep Eddy Records The track "Backwash" likely the first ever surf instro song featuring harmonica (by blues harp legend Memphis Charlie Musselwhite) has already been placed in two feature films and is up for a Showtime special.
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/northofmalibu4
elreydlp
Intermediate Member

Post by elreydlp »

This is a great CD-even if you're not a Surf fan per se. If you like cool guitars and amps, great tone, and great songs played well; you'll like this one!
kenposurf
RRF Consultant

Post by kenposurf »

elreydlp wrote:This is a great CD-even if you're not a Surf fan per se. If you like cool guitars and amps, great tone, and great songs played well; you'll like this one!
Thanks Skip...check's in the mail :D :D :D
duke

Post by duke »

kenposurf wrote:Plug:
The new North of Malibu CD "Greetings, Surflings" released recently is selling well at CD Baby and from Ted at Deep Eddy Records The track "Backwash" likely the first ever surf instro song featuring harmonica (by blues harp legend Memphis Charlie Musselwhite) has already been placed in two feature films and is up for a Showtime special.
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/northofmalibu4
That's terrific news, George! Too cool, man!

Return to “Instrumental As Anything: by Admin”