What Have They Done To The Rain

Answers to your questions about The Searchers
JeffZ

What Have They Done To The Rain

Post by JeffZ »

I was quite pleasantly surprised to hear "What Have They Done To The Rain" while I was at the supermarket today. It was not a big hit on this side of the Atlantic; normally the store has pretty much the standard "oldies" playing in the background. Anyway, it made the trip a lot more fun...:)
chriscurtisfan

Re: What Have They Done To The Rain

Post by chriscurtisfan »

It certainly was a big hit here! One of the precious few that our radio was willing to play. (Oh that's right WE had the BYRDS :? apparently substituting for the Searchers!) Isn't it a blast to go into a public place and hear the original Searchers??! I went to IHOP a few weeks ago, and they were playing Don't Throw -- as we were leaving. Of course I couldn't leave until the song ended. IHOP = International House of Pancakes -- family restaurant -- and they, obviously, play very good music! :D By the way, BYRDS people -- I loved the BYRDS, too -- they just didn't have Chris Curtis on drums. Mike Clarke was cute, but he was no Chris Curtis!
Dedicated to the best Drummer on Planet Earth (RIP) http://www.youtube.com/user/ChrisCurtisFan

Return to “Searchers' Forum: by Roy Clough”