A Tip o' the hat to Tony C...

The genius of Chris Squire
just_bassics
Intermediate Member

A Tip o' the hat to Tony C...

Post by just_bassics »

Not that I care about such things, I've never been a "post counter" nor do I care how many posts I've registered... If I have something to say, I say it and prefer not to overstate matters, etc...

However - Noting that I'm about to roll into another digit place with the posts here and that it has been almost exactly five years since a discussion on the phone about all that is Chris Squire led me to this forum, I'd like to thank Tony Cabibe for introducing me here and for all the good things that seem to have happened for Donna and I since that first long phone call.

It started when Chris Clayton gave me the email of a guy he thought might be selling a V63. Within five minutes we were on the phone chatting about our mutual affection for Yes music, Chris Squire and the mighty RM 1999. Since that day we have both met up with Chris and Scotty on several occasions, twice even together (Ft. Pierce, Florida this past March and Boca Raton) and so many other things that I can't even really discuss publicly... Suffice it to say that we (Donna too) were truly blessed with some amazing experiences over the past few years. And it started with my friendship with Tony.

Thanks T and hope we have many more great meals followed by many more great shows!!!

Note: Tony never did sell me that V63 but he did locate another on for me!

Here's Tony and I with two of his babies back in February 2009.
Attachments
IMG_7020.JPG
jps
RRF Consultant

Re: A Tip o' the hat to Tony C...

Post by jps »

Congrats on 1K, Jim! :D
just_bassics wrote:Here's Tony and I with two of his babies back in February 2009.
:? :wink:
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

Jim, I agree and I would like to add from personal experience that Tony is a great person and very much a class act. I count myself lucky to have such a good friend.
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
scotty

Post by scotty »

I was just about to say `not a tinker-bell in sight`then clocked the light :lol:
ram

Post by ram »

Jim Congrats on the 1K post… And as for Tony what can one say other than 'he’s one of the good ones'!
The only thing we can perceive are our perceptions - George Berkeley
scotty

Post by scotty »

BTW congrats on the milestone Jim. :D
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

Congrats on the 1k Jim!
:D
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Post by johnallg »

Congrats on a thousand posts, Jim, and Mr. Tony C is indeed a class act. :wink:
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

johnallg wrote:Congrats on a thousand posts, Jim, and Mr. Tony C is indeed a class act. :wink:
When I first read this I thought it said "Mr. Tony C is indeed a crass act." :shock:
johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Post by johnallg »

jps wrote:
johnallg wrote:Congrats on a thousand posts, Jim, and Mr. Tony C is indeed a class act. :wink:
When I first read this I thought it said "Mr. Tony C is indeed a crass act." :shock:
Well that too. :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

KIDDING!!!!

Return to “Chris Squire and Yes Forum”