The Corporation

Answers to your questions about The Searchers
royclough
RRF Consultant

The Corporation

Post by royclough »

Released in 86 in both 7" and 12" versions this one off release featured lead or ex lead singers of 60s groups, Mike Pender (Searchers)Tony Crane (Merseybeats)Brian Poole(Brian Poole & The Tremeloes)Reg Presley (Troggs) and Clem Curtis(Foundations) a video was even put together but the single sank without trace. Track originally done by The Showstoppers.

Fun identifying which singer does which part.

dbailey62
Veteran RRF member

Re: The Corporation

Post by dbailey62 »

I bought this record, unheard, shortly after it came out (via mail order). I think now, as I did then, that it was very good. Lots of energy. Lots of synergy. If they had been able to afford to use a horn section instead of the synthesizer, that would have capped it off for me.

OK, did anybody else here actually buy the record?

db
royclough
RRF Consultant

Post by royclough »

I did David
rob_mac

Post by rob_mac »

could listen to this 50 times and still not associate it with any of the acts listed!
I hate the cheesy keyboards - the eighties has a lot to answer for!
I see the group is subtitled the Travelling wrinklies. Is this a mickey take on the Traveling wilburys? If so it must be later than 1986. Traveling Wilburys album was not released till October 1988.

Rob
dbailey62
Veteran RRF member

Post by dbailey62 »

royclough wrote:I did David
Well that goes without having to be said Roy. :wink:
dbailey62
Veteran RRF member

Post by dbailey62 »

rob_mac wrote:could listen to this 50 times and still not associate it with any of the acts listed!
I hate the cheesy keyboards - the eighties has a lot to answer for!
I see the group is subtitled the Travelling wrinklies. Is this a mickey take on the Traveling wilburys? If so it must be later than 1986. Traveling Wilburys album was not released till October 1988.

Rob
I agree with you about the keyboards Rob. Budgets are budgets though I guess. They wanted a horn section but probably couldn't afford a horn section. A horn section would have capped it off wonderfully.

Yes, 1988 according to Wiki. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Corpor ... Wrinklies)
royclough
RRF Consultant

Post by royclough »

You are correct Rob, my error it was 1988

Return to “Searchers' Forum: by Roy Clough”