MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL

Exceptional restoration is in the details

Moderator: jingle_jangle

antipodean

Re: MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL

Post by antipodean »

Great video Paul. I'm hooked - can't wait for episode II! :D

I am worried about you braving the spray booth without the respirator though....
"I don't want to sound incredulous but I can't believe it" Rex Mossop
Grey
Advanced Member

Post by Grey »

Huh.... you pronounce it like "Rick-en-back-er", but i've always said "Rick-en-bach-er". Now I don't know which way is right! :shock:
libratune
Veteran RRF member

Post by libratune »

jingle_jangle wrote:First video's up...this is just an intro covering some basics and showing me tinting a jumbo acoustic in amber. I'm doing these as "how-tos" so gearheads can learn new skills.More in a day or two...
Just watched the video, Paul. Very informative and clearly presented!

Some lucky guy here is a-hankerin' after that 12er . . . looking forward to the next stages in the progression to the final product!

PS Looks like that woodgrain is going to show through very nicely.
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

Great video! Very informative!
8) 8) 8)
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
cheyenne
Veteran RRF member

Post by cheyenne »

Very cool! :D
"Knowledge is Power"
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

Spike- wrote:Huh.... you pronounce it like "Rick-en-back-er", but i've always said "Rick-en-bach-er". Now I don't know which way is right! :shock:
If, for some reason, Erik, you were to phone RIC (let's say to talk to Richard in Customer Service), you would hear John Hall pronounce it "Rickenbacker". That's good enough for me.

While I have always pronounced it this way, about 3/4 of the guys who call me on the phone to discuss projects, say "Rickenbocker". We'll get it straightened out...
cableracer

Post by cableracer »

Paul,

Great info.
Having seen you in action I can better appreciate the patience, knowledge and skill that enable the wonderful works of art you create. Looking forward to more. Thanks!

Now, onto your safety. Would it be safer for your health to do the spraying with the mask on and afterwards edit an audio track onto the video with the explanations?

Best,
Janski
gareth
Intermediate Member

Post by gareth »

I dunno....

Am I in it ?
NFB-418

Post by NFB-418 »

Spike- wrote:Huh.... you pronounce it like "Rick-en-back-er", but i've always said "Rick-en-bach-er". Now I don't know which way is right! :shock:
It's "back-er." Although, 90% of people pronounce it "bock-er." John Hall cleared this up in a thread on the RIC forums a while back. Also, you can do like Paul said and call RIC. You'll be greeted with the opening chord of "A Hard Day's Night," which is pretty darn cool.

Now we just need to know how to pronounce Wilczynski. (kidding)

Very nice video, by the way, Paul.
“'What was that note?' I told him it was a B natural, the third of G dominant 7 going back to C minor, and I can't talk while I'm playing so don't ask me any more questions." - Ron Carter to Miles Davis
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

To address the mask issue--

My booth takes its air from one source (filtered air on the back wall). When I turn the fan on, there's a negative pressure in the booth that clears it out rapidly of everything except clear coat and primer, both of which are quite heavy even when atomized. I'm spraying away from myself and towards the fan, so paint fumes don't have much chance to be inhaled. I do wear a respirator and do a voice over for the clear coating video, which I'm editing tonight. But for the color coats, the fan works so well that I am breathing fresh air from the filters.

HOWEVER, if I wasn't narrating, I'd be wearing a respirator anyway. I wear on whenever I'm in the booth; force of habit!

Thanks for the positive comments.
JakeK
RRF Consultant

Post by JakeK »

Subscribed. It's nice to finally put a voice to your face, PW!
paologregorio

Post by paologregorio »

Nice job on the vid. :)

The clear, concise explanation of some of the technical bits is much appreciated. :)
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

weemac wrote:
paologregorio wrote:Subscriber. 8)
Me too!
Subscriber too ! :)
bitzerguy
RRF Consultant

Post by bitzerguy »

Yup, subscribed and checked out the first video. Very well done. I think there will be a lot of tricks for an old Maaco painter like me to absorb. Nice job Paul. And the editing was not bad at all... :D
...Dean
Never, ever drool on your surf shirt. It wrecks the solo.

660/12FG, 350V63/6FG, 620/6JG, 360WB/6DBG, Dingwall C1 #001, Prestige Heritage Elite FM
elreydlp
Intermediate Member

Post by elreydlp »

Thank you Paul! You make a great teacher. I'd ALMOST give painting a try after watching the vid. Your willingness to share your experience and expertise is appreciated. I just wish I'd known about your Rick acoustics before I got my SJ-200.

Return to “Reflections of a Curmudgeon: by Paul Wilczynski”