Inception...?

Entertainment

Moderators: ajish4, cjj

melibreits

Re: Inception...?

Post by melibreits »

Inception.... Awesome movie. I loved the whole idea of it, and the special effects were amazing. 8)

I want to see it again, because I'm sure there were things I missed the first time around.

I think I had some pretty weird dreams after watching it, too.... :lol:
antipodean

Post by antipodean »

melibreits wrote:Inception.... Awesome movie. I loved the whole idea of it, and the special effects were amazing. 8)

I want to see it again, because I'm sure there were things I missed the first time around.

I think I had some pretty weird dreams after watching it, too.... :lol:
How do you know you're not still dreaming?
"I don't want to sound incredulous but I can't believe it" Rex Mossop
whojamfan
RRF Consultant

Post by whojamfan »

jps wrote:
jingle_jangle wrote:Don't forget "Memento".

Hahaha-good grief man, that took me back to the 6th grade :D
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

I haven't seen the movie, but I will, eventually. Based on what others have said about it, the premise seems to be similar to that in Andre Norton's short story, The Toys of Tamisin [sp?], which was followed by a full-length novel (with the same characters) but I can't remember the title of that book... :( The difference appears to be that in Norton's stories, the dreamers went into actual alternative (parallel) worlds, and as such, they could not manipulate that reality, only interact with it.
It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca
Everythinggoes

Post by Everythinggoes »

I definitely wasn't in the right frame of mind to watch it, so I really didn't enjoy it. I should go back and give it a try again, especially since I only watched half of it. :oops:
paologregorio

Post by paologregorio »

Watched it and really enjoyed it.
There is no reason to ever be bored.

...why yes, I suppose I do have a double bound guitar fetish...

"Uh, I like the double bounds. . . ."
NFB-418

Post by NFB-418 »

I saw it in the theater a year ago. I liked the fact that no one in the audience was talking or even getting up to go to the restroom or to get snacks. People were riveted to the screen. That, to me, is what cinema should be about - engaging the audience in a more active role. Instead of passively watching a plot develop, your mind has to be actively engaged. One of the things that I like about the film, among the many that have already been mentioned, is that it's a "spoiler-proof" movie. Even if I told someone how it ended, it would be like telling them nothing unless I explained how it got there. And that would be baffling in itself. Inception is an experience.
“'What was that note?' I told him it was a B natural, the third of G dominant 7 going back to C minor, and I can't talk while I'm playing so don't ask me any more questions." - Ron Carter to Miles Davis
Everythinggoes

Post by Everythinggoes »

I'm just about to watch it now. It's definitely a spoiler proof film, I like that too.
Ivan3000
Advanced Member

Post by Ivan3000 »

I'm bringing out the picture again!
egosheep
Intermediate Member

Post by egosheep »

After having time to really digest Inception, I think I like it less than I did initially. The parts I like most are the parts with Dom's wife. But certain casting is just unfortunate, specifically Ellen Page. Almost anyone would have done a better job. She always seems to play herself, her voice is annoying, and it makes the character she's playing grate on me when it probably wouldn't be the case if I was just reading dialog off the page.

I think that Nolan's prime weakness is that he doesn't know how to cast women in his movies. Examples:
Carrie-Anne Moss in Memento, Hillary Swank in Insomnia, Scarlett Johansson in The Prestige, Katie Holmes in Batman Begins, Maggie Gyllenhaal in The Dark Knight, Ellen Page in Inception, and now Anne Hathaway in The Dark Knight Rises. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Great Ramp In My Opinion.

Return to “On Stage”