Inception...?

Entertainment

Moderators: ajish4, cjj

genomecaster

Inception...?

Post by genomecaster »

Watching it for the first time. No idea what's going on. I like the James Bond ski scenes, though. :?
wj350
Advanced Member

Re: Inception...?

Post by wj350 »

Tried watching it twice--just didn't grab me either time.
"Let me take you down...'cause I'm going to...."
egosheep
Intermediate Member

Post by egosheep »

I loved it, but I'm a big fan of Nolan's work. I'm not a fan of Dicaprio though, but I still thought it was a great and thought provoking movie.

If you are confused, consult these diagrams... they may help.
http://www.beyondhollywood.com/uploads/ ... ption1.jpg
http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/ ... 3-2560.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/__zASgmhDMQk/T ... eption.gif

To me, Nolan's best movie ever was The Prestige. Seek that one out if you haven't seen it.
Great Ramp In My Opinion.
whojamfan
RRF Consultant

Post by whojamfan »

Interesting premise, enjoyed it.
paologregorio

Post by paologregorio »

Hmm. Is it too much to watch along with breakfast?
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

Loved it. You have to pay attention, of course.
scotty

Post by scotty »

Loved it,really it wasnt that complex mind you my brain goes to the 9th level. Ive also heard that the RRF makes a special appearance in the new Matrix films :mrgreen:
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

They sure know how to hook ya.

Not a DiCaprio fan until this one. He does himself proud. Of course, the effects are awesome. It helps to know that you have to follow several different timelines simultaneously in your own real-time.

Don't forget "Memento". It gave me a migraine the first time...

We watched "Red" with Bruce Willis and Helen Mirren, last night. For pure action/irony/paranoia/fun, it's hard to beat. Some great one-liners, too.
scotty

Post by scotty »

jingle_jangle wrote: Don't forget "Memento". It gave me a migraine the first time...
What really baked my noodle was when i watched it backwards on the special EDT DVD! :shock: :? now that was something!!!!!!!
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

Hmm... Memento in reverse? I'd like to see that!

What really baked my noodle has been watching all of Twin Peaks for the first time from start to finish over the last couple weeks. Like most people, I imagine, I love the first season, and find the second to be hit-or-miss at best. We have three episodes to go, and I don't have my hopes up, mainly because I am aware there is a huge forever-unresolved cliffhanger.
scotty

Post by scotty »

got to give a big shout out to one of my all time favs Pan's Labyrinth http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pan's_Labyrinth If anyone's not seen this they should be shot at dawn.......Looking forward to your comment when your finished TPs Jason! :D
indianation65

Post by indianation65 »

Mr. Nolan's first full-length, "Following," was his best, and his second, "Memento," was his second best. After that, nothing special; possibly "The Prestige" was decent. His Batman movies, like Burton's, were all Joker and Bruce Wayne, barely a "Bat" in sight. What is it with these directors? Why don't they give the people what they want? As for "Inception," I do like LD, but this movie, to me, was a complete drag. I have found Nolan has fallen into the category of directors I watch, knowing I'll probably dislike the movie...opining with the best of them...the Nation!

Addendum: Find "Following," you'll probably like it.

...wisdom
Indian Folklore and Wisdom—Love, Learn, Listen
egosheep
Intermediate Member

Post by egosheep »

scotty wrote:got to give a big shout out to one of my all time favs Pan's Labyrinth http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pan's_Labyrinth If anyone's not seen this they should be shot at dawn.......Looking forward to your comment when your finished TPs Jason! :D
Love Pan's Labyrinth, that's one of my all time favorites. Del Toro at his best. I was just gutted that they wouldn't give him funding to do At The Mountains Of Madness, even with James Cameron producing.
indianation65 wrote:Mr. Nolan's first full-length, "Following," was his best, and his second, "Memento," was his second best. After that, nothing special; possibly "The Prestige" was decent.
I loved Following and I saw Memento maybe 5 times in theaters, it was just awesome. But I think that The Prestige is my favorite because whereas Memento has a huge twist, TP is built on huge twists, and not just Shaylaman cheapo ones. It has a strong story and is set in a steampunk/sci fi victorian setting. It has main characters which are both likeable and despicable in fairly equal amounts. And of all of Nolans movies, I think it rewards multiple viewings more than any other. One thing I will say about it, is do not read about this movie before you see it. Not something you want to spoil.
Great Ramp In My Opinion.
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

jingle_jangle wrote:Don't forget "Memento".

Last edited by jps on Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Oh sorry, I thought you said Demento! :mrgreen:

There is a photo of Scotty in the vid, however! :mrgreen:

Return to “On Stage”